Phillips 28'' build

GoldenMotor.com

kiwi kid

Aug 31, 2009
New Zealand
I recently bought two old 28 inch frames with the intention of overhauling the running gear and getting them going then eventually motorise them. One of the bikes is a Phillips and the other is a Triumph but they are virtualy identical. The bike showen in the pictures is the Triumph, ive only placed the tank and motor on for a simple mock up. What do you think of the tank i made it from some left over copper pipe from work. Im yet to make mounts and a gas cap for it, but thats where some brass plumbing fittings will come in handy. The plan is to polish the copper tank then give it a clear coat it would be a shame to cover it up. I have currently got the phillips frame fully striped down for painting. I havent sourced a 28 inch springer fork yet so i might get one made. Also does anyone one know of an internal throttle that fits the diameter of bicycle handle bars ?

Attachments

olgraybeard

Sep 4, 2009
Eatonville, Wa
I'd be tempted to tape off the phillips logo on your tank , paint the tank then peel the taped letters so the copper would show through where the letters were