Titan In Frame With Shifter Kit Yes!!

GoldenMotor.com

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Here we have a Titan IF Forward mount with Shifter kit. This is a wonderful setup. I am using My own Square plate design with DAX 1/2 inch drive regular bicycle chain shifter kit. These new DAX shifter kits are superb with alloy 170 cranks and steel 1/2 clocking and 2.35 mm width secondary so you can run road racing bicycle chains. Performance is exceptional with excellent climb for mountains or pulling trailers. Top speed is also superb. I have hit 48 mph at 9000 feet with one gear to spare. No kidding. Flat out it will cruise 32-36 mph all day and not break a sweat. I have around 1,500 miles on this setup and clocking. I will put 40-80 miles or more on it in one day. I need a better seat for sure.. The Plates that I want to offer with this setup will be from Scooter guy and a different design that also will allow both clamping or drilling. My plate is Clamp only and is a custom plate. This is the best ride I have ever built. Exhaust pipe is chrome from the GT 2 strokes and is modified. In the kit form it will have the stock Titan Exhaust with deflector. I average 125-185 miles per gallon.. Depends on if I am pulling a loaded trailer or not. It does not get any better or any Greener than this !!! Enjoy the ride....

Attachments

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
That's pretty freakin' awesome, but man watch out for that exhaust pipe!!!! That could be a wiener roaster.

Last edited:

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
lol.. As long as you wear long pants... lol.. But Remember.. The stock version has the black muffler with heat shroud and can not burn. But.. I love my chrome modified and I wear long pants.. IT does get hot enough to burn you if you do not have long pants. If demand for the Chrome version is strong enough, i will have a chrome skin or heat shield for it.. But for now, it will come with the stock black with heat shield or shroud around it.. Enjoy the ride...

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Dax, I Enjoyed Our Long Conversation The Other Day. Look Forward To Getting The Engines And Parts. Put Me Down For At Least 1 Of Your Kits When You Have Them. Are You Going To Have A Picture Taken When Happy Gets To Tom?? Ron

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
It is around the same cost as the 2 stroke with shifter kit. To buy a 2 stroke 157 bucks, and then the shifter kit another 200 bucks. You will have around 350-360 into your 2 stroke with shifter kit. If you buy the Titan engine for 175 bucks, and then the shifter kit and other stuff you need, you will also have around 350-370 into the Titan 4 stroke IFFM. And.. I can tell you.. The Titan 4 stroke will run circles around the Good times 2 stroke. And will do it all day and all night... And it will do it with more Power, smoother, much better gas mileage, and quieter to boot.. The Titan 4 stroke gets 140-180 mpg. The 2 Stroke gets 90-110 mpg. What ever the extra cost for Titan is, the better gas mileage savings in owning a Titan will pay off. ... Enjoy the ride....

MikeBike

Oct 7, 2008
Palm Springs CA.
It is around the same cost as the 2 stroke with shifter kit. To buy a 2 stroke 157 bucks, and then the shifter kit another 200 bucks. You will have around 350-360 into your 2 stroke with shifter kit. If you buy the Titan engine for 175 bucks, and then the shifter kit and other stuff you need, you will also have around 350-370 into the Titan 4 stroke IFFM. And.. I can tell you.. The Titan 4 stroke will run circles around the Good times 2 stroke. And will do it all day and all night... And it will do it with more Power, smoother, much better gas mileage, and quieter to boot.. The Titan 4 stroke gets 140-180 mpg. The 2 Stroke gets 90-110 mpg. What ever the extra cost for Titan is, the better gas mileage savings in owning a Titan will pay off. ... Enjoy the ride....
+ dax's well known costumer service. im picickin up. im tryed of the up-keep on the 2 strokes, and mixing fuel.
and plus, i live in california, with this model, you can switch out a 7 gear hub(for shifting, non-ca street legal) or a larger single gear hub(for ca street legal), any way you slice it, youll be getting a dax. enuff said.

Zev0

May 18, 2009
Rio Grand Valley
Dax, with the gas tank on top it must be gravity fed. Is there any easy way to hook up an aux tank? I'm currently running the R/S EHO35 with a diaphram carb and it just sucks gas from the aux tank to the engine tank. How would one install an aux tank with the titan? Getting very interested here what with the good price and all.

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
You can mount a tank on the bars up front. Or you can remove the plastic and mount a half gallon or 3/4 large gallon metal tank to the top bar as well. Since it is gravity feed, as long as what ever tank you use is higher than the float of the carb, you will be ok. Soon I will be testing a closed loop style tank and carb. My concern with these tanks and carbs is that the ethanol in the fuel eats the seals and then the tank will no longer seal and feed fuel. But the factory says they are using a new material that can handle the ethanol. We shall see. Testing will be the proof I need. Thanks..

MikeBike

Oct 7, 2008
Palm Springs CA.
so just up to a E-15 rateing? do you think it is posable to make a dax titan "flex-fuel" or even E-100?

from what i read it just is three things; seals, air/fuel, and carb jet.
just a question.

MaxPower

Jul 1, 2009
Sierra Vista AZ
Do you think that the kit could be adapted to fit on a worksman INB? I think you would have to cut the middle horizontal frame support. I don't think the engine would sit far enough forward either. I'd like to figure out how to motorize a worksman without using a 2 stroke engine. I've come up empty so far.

Attachments

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Looks like there might be enough room in between the two top tubes for the gear box to poke through. You can only know by placing it there to see. As for E-100. I do not think the Titan engines were designed to run on such high levels of un fermented Alcohol. It may run on the stuff, but I can not say for sure. I have never tried it. Thanks. Enjoy the ride.

realdigga

Jul 12, 2009
Australia
does the motor have to be mounted at the top/front of the frame for your 4 stroke shifter kit to work? i have a custom chopper with my 4 stroke mounted behind the pedals, hoping itll work for me..if so are they ready for shipping!!!!

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
If you have the width, you can mount it where ever you like. Chopper bikes have a ton of width and should be no problem mounting between the crank or anywhere you like. And yes.. They are in stock ready to ship. We have Titan orders in front of new orders.. So.. Please allow a few days before engine or kit ships. Even with that, you should have your Engine or kit in about a week. Thanks..Enjoy the ride..

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
DAX wont like me for this opinion but I think the location for this setup doesnt get it. I think my knees would hit something and the location has to affect the center of gravity of the bike. Plus moving parts so close to your clothes and about 10 other things I can think of that makes this setup just not right for me. The rear kit is the way to go.

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
DAX wont like me for this opinion but I think the location for this setup doesnt get it. I think my knees would hit something and the location has to affect the center of gravity of the bike. Plus moving parts so close to your clothes and about 10 other things I can think of that makes this setup just not right for me. The rear kit is the way to go.
You seem to be missing the point. It is a shifter, the rear mount is not.

Personally I think it is the best shifter configuration yet and intend to try it myself.