poo poo performance

GoldenMotor.com

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
So I made a poo poo pipe from 3/4" conduit. Nothing fancy, I just chopped the stock muffler off and welded a 90 deg conduit elbow and a couple of feet to extend it back behind me. I also welded on a washer to the end of the pipe for a little back pressure. I just got tired of smelling like 2 stroke. Reminded me of driving my rx7 again.

Anyway, I noticed a significant loss of power and had to use the choke to keep it running. So i moved the e-clip down a notch, then moved it to the lowest setting. So that means it's sucking the fuel now i guess. But damn if it isnt burning it all! It really screams now!

I expected it to have less performance after putting on the poo poo, but this definitely pumped the bike's game up. Weird. Anyone else experienced the poo poo performance?

Last edited:

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
I put one on the other day. The jetting is about the same. My engine is bone stock, though. The stinger at the end is small and pretty long. I suspect your washer flows more air than the stinger on my pipe.
You did good, own it.
~Regards

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
The only thing I did so far is ported the transfers. I have no idea if it did any good, as it was the first thing I did when I got the engine as I cleaned the factory metal shavings out. And even that was just a gasket match.

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
That's a long one. Longer than a medium pp. Maybe that gives it some grunt.
Nice bike, I like those frames with the tank.

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
Thanks Slogger. I really never liked the look of the peanut tank, and the frame was only $140 at the time. It's now only $99 shipped from gasbike. I recommend getting one!

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
I have a confirmed 43 mph on this bike now (level surface). Yes, a 48cc 2 stroke. Gasket matched transfers and a poo poo pipe. It's bad ass, and still glass smooth at that speed.

Brassneck

Oct 30, 2015
Seattle, WA
Bringing up this thread...I like the simplicity of your exhaust...I wonder if you have any better pics of the pipe? How does it sound? Is it louder than the stock one?

Thanks