question about bringing a Titan back to life

GoldenMotor.com

adastra

Aug 25, 2012
Tennessee
hello, been a couple of years.

I have a thatsdax titan on a cruiser bike ( http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=46942 ), but due to travel and a lot of things, its been stuck in a garage for well over a year. Now I have to empty the garage and I figured I sell the bike. It's still in great condition but the motor will not start.

Any ideas on some troubleshooting steps to start with, I would appreciate it. My best option is to take it down to a small engine repair place, but I figure if they charge more than I am going to get out of her, there's not much point.

Oil level is fine. Wiring is ok, hasnt been disturbed or anything in a long time.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Drain the fuel tank and clean the carburetor. Start with new, fresh gasoline.

Check for the obvious things first. Got fuel? Choke open? Got ignition (spark)?

Tom

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
You're very welcome, adastra.
Those are good, simple little engines. Treat them right and they'll give you good service.
Have fun and ride safe.

Tom

Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
I just did this recently. Duane has a video on how to clean the carb but there's also the jet in the middle when you remove your float. I had to grind down a cheap screwdriver to get a good grip on it because my smaller screwdrivers were too weak. Just grind down the sides of the screwdriver so it will fit down in that hole. Unscrew it and use a micro drill on that video or a piece of brake cable like what Duane said.
I used a wire off an old brake cable and it did the trick.
Installed it and it started like it was never stored.
It was dusty as heck though.