Looking to upgrade on the cheap

GoldenMotor.com

viperman200221

Sep 16, 2012
Lansing, MI
Hey guys. I currently have a stock 48cc Skyhawk engine. I want upgrade to the 60cc. Can I just buy 60cc cylinder and piston kit and use it on my 48cc lower end or would it be better to just buy the whole 60cc engine?

xct2

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Hey guys. I currently have a stock 48cc Skyhawk engine. I want upgrade to the 60cc. Can I just buy 60cc cylinder and piston kit and use it on my 48cc lower end or would it be better to just buy the whole 60cc engine?
If this swap could have been done it would have but sadly it isn't possible
because the studs are further apart on the 66 cc than the 48 cc case.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Rose326 and mingsinternational are the same vendor I use.
Over 25 kits with no problems.Good customer service too!
Just swap out the motor on your existing bike.

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
If this swap could have been done it would have but sadly it isn't possible
because the studs are further apart on the 66 cc than the 48 cc case.
I think that they have the same spacing? - I just transfered my puch head from my 66cc to my 48cc without any kind of mods. In fact the stock heads are interchangeable (except for the obvoius difference in bore / squish).IDK though these motors are so inconsistant a range of head bolt spacing lengths wouldnt suprise me. However the different cylinders have different stroke lengths so a 60cc cylinder wont work. Someone does however make a 55cc hop up kit for the 48cc engines. May I ask if you have tuned this engine you want to upgrade? I mean I get the yearning for more ccs but a well tuned 48cc motor is pretty damn nice because they really dont vibrate as much as the 66cc ones do. Also they seem to like to rev a little more. Do as you will and good luck :) -ethan

Last edited: