Glass fuel filters

GoldenMotor.com

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Should this be in "Intake & Exhaust"? Does anyone have experience with glass fuel filters? I'm learning to use the internet and don't know how to post links, but my Google result was: Glass fuel filter- TheFind. On there is the: Emo Glass Fuel Filter part# 1434450 $11. I like the look but haven't noticed any in the pics I've seen.

Wally

Dec 25, 2011
South Africa
You don't mention a price. The normal clear plastic casing fuel filters for weed whackers or motor cycles work well and are cheap. I am not in the U.S. therefore won't quote a price.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Wally- The glass one I mentioned was $11, the semi clear plastic one I have now was $5. While looking around I've found them to vary in price greatly, not just by size or application, but 'like' filters, ten or more dollars apart.

chainmaker- Thank you sir. That's the business.

Last edited:

jji7skyline

Jan 15, 2013
Australia
Slightly off topic, but to post a link in a forum, just use the appropriate BBCode.

Type: [url*]<address>[/url*] replacing the <address> with what you copy and paste from the address bar at the top of your browser, and removing the asterixes. :)

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Slightly off topic, but to post a link in a forum, just use the appropriate BBCode.

Type: [url*]<address>[/url*] replacing the <address> with what you copy and paste from the address bar at the top of your browser, and removing the asterixes. :)
Its been a long time since anyone's had to hyperlink in code, dude. All you do is right click, hit copy, then paste.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Fuel filters should be installed so that the dirt gets trapped on the outside of the paper element so that you can see how much dirt is in it (& know when it's time to replace).

Also... glass filters look kewl. but if you get in a crash, they can break & cause a fire hazzard!!

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
TBH, if you manage to crash hard enough to break a glass bowl or glass inline filter, I suspect you've other problems to worry about lol

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
Jacob, I understand you're new to the forum but your question was answered in the other thread you asked it in. And asking the same question in multiple threads is kinda frowned upon.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
TBH, if you manage to crash hard enough to break a glass bowl or glass inline filter, I suspect you've other problems to worry about lol

I think Barely makes a really good point: my fuel filter is just like his (you can see it in my album) and the little pyrex bowl is gawdawful-thick! I'm certain the glass is thicker than what you'd find in a beer bottle. A crash that would break that thing is not likely one you'd walk away from. And if you did, you'd still have a lot of other repairs to worry about in addition to the fuel filter.

I'm not worried about it in the least, and it seems to work fine for me. That said, there are probably many others that work a lot better. But I think mine looks super-cool. And I can clean it out too.

Last edited:

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
It's been awhile. I decided on a Briggs and Stratton glass bowl. It is the coolest thing on my bike. This buildup happened in under 50 miles of operation! This pic looks worse than it is, but there is junk in there. It works perfectly, and I highly recommend one to anyone who's considering it.

Attachments

Mar 31, 2013
RI
It's been awhile. I decided on a Briggs and Stratton glass bowl. It is the coolest thing on my bike. This buildup happened in under 50 miles of operation! This pic looks worse than it is, but there is junk in there. It works perfectly, and I highly recommend one to anyone who's considering it.
...the picture is cool man but how about a link?

peace, bozo

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Even though I've been told how, I still can't seem to get the link thing down. Any lawnmower or small engine shop should be able to get one for you. A local place had it on the shelf. Tractor supply places have different styles and types too.
Briggs and Stratton, part# 690612, about $16

Attachments

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2013
RI
Even though I've been told how, I still can't seem to get the link thing down. Any lawnmower or small engine shop should be able to get one for you. A local place had it on the shelf. Tractor supply places have different styles and types too.
Briggs and Stratton, part# 690612, about $16
thanks man and yeah, i'd already found them on Amazon.

btw, if you hover over any link until it becomes highlighted and then right click it one of the choices will be 'copy link location', if you choose that you can then just paste that link into any post, ...like this.

http://www.amazon.com/Briggs-Stratt...eywords=briggs+and+stratton+glass+fuel+filter

if you'd like to learn how to work with html tags you can learn to be creative with your links, for one thing you can name them whatever you like, or, you can use pictures as links, ...if you look in my thread on revisiting dead musicians you'll find that every picture is a link to a piece of video for that particular artist.

anyway, here is that same link with the name as given by Amazon.

Briggs & Stratton 690612 Fuel Filter, Glass Sediment Bowl and Fuel Filter Assembly

and here is that same link with a picture of Bob Marley as the link, just click the picture and it'll take you to Amazon.

hope this helps, bozo

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Bob would have NEVER led anyone to Amazon! lol
Hey, thanks for the tech info, but I only understood about five of those words. I literally learned how to use the Intra-Web so I could join this site. Still don't know how to do much of anything- didn't know what the search bar was until a few weeks ago! What you can do is pretty cool though. Maybe in the future I'll decide to do more.

Mar 31, 2013
RI
Bob would have NEVER led anyone to Amazon! lol
Hey, thanks for the tech info, but I only understood about five of those words. I literally learned how to use the Intra-Web so I could join this site. Still don't know how to do much of anything- didn't know what the search bar was until a few weeks ago! What you can do is pretty cool though. Maybe in the future I'll decide to do more.
trust me man, if i can do it, you can do it.

...it's not as complicated as it seems, it's just that for it to work properly syntax must be perfect, just one missing or misspelled word, or even just a missing or added space and the link won't work.

and even that makes it sound harder than it is, frankly explaining the little html coding i know would be way more complicated than the actual code itself, lol.

anyway, if you'd like to learn it i'll gladly share what i know but it is by no means necessary.

keep in mind though that that pc you use is a tool, just like a rake only gathering data for you so learning a little html would be like sharpening the rake, as it were.

peace, bozo

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Those glass-bowl sediment filters: NAPA has 'em too. I went down the street and asked, and they had one on the shelf. Bought it that day. How cool is that.