Bikeberry engine kit is not starting

GoldenMotor.com

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
I built a bike for a guy this last fall using a new 66cc HT 2 stroke engine. For the life of me I could not figure out why the darn thing was not firing and one of the first things I did was try swapping the cdi which didn't work. Got my tester out and found that the blue wire that is soldered onto the megneto was a cold solder from the factory and not making a connection. I got my solder iron out and redid the solder connection on the magneto and low and behold the problem was solved. A simple fix that didn't cost me anything but a few hours of head scratching. Might be something you want to check as well.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Stupid question, when you're trying to start it, is the motor actually turning over? If you're not sure, you can tell it is, if it's a lot harder to pedal than normal.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
This is how it should be wired. If I were you, I would leave out the kill switch for now.

tbone7770

Dec 6, 2012
Dallas, Tx
no the motor is not turning over. i asked bikeberry about this and they were not much of any help at all. i told them the bike pedals the same whether the clutch handle is released or not

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Sorry to ask such a stupld question, but you did install the drive chain?

If you let the clutch lever out and the motor doesn't turn over when you pedal it, could the clutch cable be adjusted too tight? When the clutch lever is out, there should be a slight amount of play in the lever (slop).