You can Adult Size an OCC Schwinn

GoldenMotor.com

pedalchopper

May 9, 2010
Ft Myers beach Florida
Hey guys - I have solved many of the problems associated with Adult Sizing an OCC Schwinn Chopper bike so that someone upto 5'10" are comfortable on them! Check out some of my "solutions" on my web page PedalChopper.com...

I am going to be offering an upgrade [kit] soon [July 1st] that will allow you to easily and quickly install a 24 inch x 4 inch double wall rear wheel onto an OCC Schwinn and greatly increase the overall size of the bike / frame and accomodate riders 6' ft tall or even taller. It will have everything needed to match right up to stock frame and fender only bigger... All wheels will have disc hub for clean easy mounting of rear drive / sprocket. I will be posting an ad on motorbicycling.com when this "kit" becomes available.

PedalChopper

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Actually, for what he is putting into these builds, his prices are reasonable. I have seen motorized beach cruisers go for 8-900 bux with a lot of custom work put into them. I remember when I first got into motorbicycling, just the mounting hardware for choppers was a couple hundred bucks. this guy is putting drum brakes, electric motors, all sorts of custom stuff into these bikes. normally I would say 1200 bux is way too much for a motorbicycle, but in this case, i wont.

pedalchopper

May 9, 2010
Ft Myers beach Florida
Thanks butterbean...

We basically sell the units we build for cost of parts... Our profits are derived from being able to purchase [most] parts at dealer pricing. Go to ebay - guys have OCC Schwinns for sale for $500.00 Just for the bike.

I only use New or Like New Frames and i usually only put $200.00 on my build sheet for the bike.

Thanks again - you obviously know what you are talking about ... PedalChopper.trk

pedalchopper

May 9, 2010
Ft Myers beach Florida
I buy some for $100.00 range and basically only salvage rear rim and frame.

We are dabbling into sandblasting frame as we have a custom paint shop now... I start with bare frame NEW / Custom Paint or Like NEW.

Then, Install hardened chrome forks with forged aluminum yokes and install new headsets and 4 bolt stem for apehangers [to avoid slippage].

I install either a Sturmey archer front drum hub or disc brake assembly and 2 into 1 brake lever and typically keep the rear v brake. Then, I install proper seat post mechanism post / shims to allow me to put on a standard 11 inch x 11 inch cloud 9 seat or similar. lately i have been using a 25.4 [i inch] BENt seat post to give more size to bike.

I have a wheel builder working out of his shed - very anal and very affordable... Handbuilds my wheels - I use double walled rims on front... I use stock 20 inch rim but recently always have disc hub laced up into rear wheel. See if you can find an OCC rear disc hub anywhere? I have a source...

Anyway - I like to mount my drive gear directly to the rear disc hub. Nice clean set-up... I am working with King sales to get custom sprockets for all my builds to mount directly to disc huvb as I am in final planning stages of offering a {SUPERSIZE YOUR OCC SCHWINN KIT}

My kit will include frame extender brackets and a 24 inch x 4 inch rear wheeel and everything needed to pull off 20 inch wheel - and install 24 inch wheel on stock OCC chopper including fender re-mount braket. this should be ready to go online in July.

I only use Grubees - now - if i am in a pinch I may try something else but not really happy with many discount motors - have had several that were a total waste of money.

I try never to use tensioner on motor side - if i cannot get chains to line-up I put tensioner on bicycle side! Always use OCC custom Drag pipe [silent] and motor mount. I use HD BMX chain [no master link / alloy] quiet and smooth running 410 chain 1/2 inch x 1/8 inch.

I use Delortto style carb... Pop it on that grubee - tie everything up... Choke it - pedal a few times and it fires up everytime. A few minor adjustments and I am having fun!

My more expensive builds have several billeted parts from manic mechanic or pirate cycles - lately i put a boost bottle on every build - I think they look cool!

I am trying my first Hi-compress head from Pirate on my next build, it looks really good! my next build is a pristine OCC WEB Bike - I am going to supersize with 24 inch rear all the bells and whistles including customgraphics on fenders and tank to match frame and dual front disc brakes...

I have invented a fitting for my personal use that kind of mimics a gyro on a kids bmx... i can run one cable into a splitter then, branch off to opereate both disc brakes with one cable. with 2 into 1 brake lever I always use - I can then operate 3 brakes with one hand lever...

See my super bike and video on my web site it has this set-up = pedalchopper.shft.