Is this to much?

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
That engine kit is $380 at Pirate Cycles and that is probably a $150-$175 bike, if you have some basic tools and the mechanical no how you can build that bike yourself and have $550-$600 in it I would think.

That is a very simple set up, personally I wouldn't pay someone $600+ to put that together for me.

It is a nice looking bike just a bit pricey IMHO.

Peace, Map

Last edited:

NormO

Jun 15, 2011
New Brunswick,Canada
The only stealing going on would be your hard-earned money. I could maybe see if the bike had a titanium frame, hydraulic disc brakes, full suspension and a shift kit. Or if it was full on electric. Those would crank the prices up there. It doesn't seem to be any of those things though. Otherwise i would look the other way. Not that it's not a good looking bike but they didn't even put a pipe on it. It's probably not even a Honda engine, but the China knock-off. It's hard to tell with the pictures that are there. But i wouldn't personally pay that much myself.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Have 3 of those Titan`s (Honda clone) and the are great engines, many member`s have good luck with them. That is a kit That is better than most.

Ron.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
It is definately overpriced even though it is a nice build.
Like mapbike said, build your own just like it for way less.

Oye! And yet another seller lies about the legalities required to ride it.
Quote: "They are 100% street legal for anyone 16 years and older wearing a helmet. "
That is a downright lie for legal operation in the state of California, the state in which the seller lives in....

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
It is definately overpriced even though it is a nice build.
Like mapbike said, build your own just like it for way less.

Oye! And yet another seller lies about the legalities required to ride it.
Quote: "They are 100% street legal for anyone 16 years and older wearing a helmet. "
That is a downright lie for legal operation in the state of California, the state in which the seller lives in....
...And they get "150 miles per gallon!" He forgot to state that's "...downhill with a tailwind."

...And "nearly 40 miles per hour". Okay, 30 is nearly 40. Modify a few things and we get 35 or so. It's still not legal in most states to go above 25 on these things.

These sellers and their lies! Sheesh! Customers could get in trouble with the law if they believe everything they read on craigslist.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Nice bike, $1200+ bike.......nope

But still not bad, engine never run, so unproven, would still need broken in, tuned, not sure what the add means by 20mm axle, that's is in the 13/16'' range I'm not sure that my motorcycle has axles that big.

All this said, the value of something always really boils down to what someone is willing to pay for it, I'm sure someone might pay that price but not many I would think.

If that bike was set up real nice with a Morini engine then yeah but for me, as much as I like all my china girl bikes I would never drop a grand on any bike that someone just bolted a $80 china 2 smoker on with a couple added parts.

Is that bike really worth $1200 without the $80 engine? Nah......!

still nice though... Shrug

Peace, Map

Now this might be $1k++
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/bik/2902064151.html

and i believe he might be a member of this forum.

Last edited:

NormO

Jun 15, 2011
New Brunswick,Canada
The clutch cover is always a nice thing to have. It was probably removed because the crank hit it. Wider cranks would have been a better idea maybe a little safer as well. The throttle looks like a SBP HD Throttle $21.95. No back brakes at all from what i can see. Unless the coaster brakes are there. But i can't see them. That's something that should not be left out. Especially for $1K+. IMO it's not even a nice looking bike. Looks like something that went through WWII and almost didn't make it. But different tastes i guess. It's only my opinion.

Last edited:

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
At first glance it does look like it could be worth that much.
But when you start outlining the "bads" like that, the bike suddenly less appealing lol