Will swap New CNS Carb

GoldenMotor.com

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
I have a CNS Carb I am willing to swap for something ...perhaps a nice solid rear wheel 26"x2" with a sprocket or with out I have the offset intake manifold for it as well as the choke cable set up

SdCruizer

Feb 15, 2012
San Deigo
seems everyone hates the cns
so you may have to pay them to take it, can you not get it tuned?
I had to down jet mine to get it to run, and boy it runs great

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
Do the hairy kiri implements of personal destruction come with the deal?
:)
rc
No that's a 1967' Case XX 2 Finn I cant believe I used it to cut off the fuel line
The other is an LT-29 that was issued to my grandfather when he enlisted in WWII . The LT-29 was issued to all enlisted men that were to work on the telephone line system. Solid tool and the other is your basic Swiss army knife. Possible implements of destruction but not "personal destruction" unless you were some kind of....... never mind.
More like tools when used properly

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
seems everyone hates the cns
can you not get it tuned?
I had to down jet mine to get it to run, and boy it runs great
How does yours Idle Sd?
I didn't even really try to tune itmuch at all I put it on the motor it came with "Skyhawk" ran it I wasn't getting the desired results, so I put on a stock one I wanted to see if it was the carb or something else causing the issue I was having. I got much better results with the stock carb so I just left it on there "Not that this is going to help me trade or sell it posting this "tid bit" but the fact are the facts, be them as they may

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Yah, I did notice the old Case sheath knife... but did not notice that the folding knife was such an oldie.
I know a couple fellows with amazing pocket knife collections... one of 'em just seems to go on almost forever! fancy glass displays and all that stuff.

Nah, I don't hate the cns. I think I got more gray because of mine! lol
They are certainly more fun to mess with than the NT.

I'll send yah a PM on it..
rc

SdCruizer

Feb 15, 2012
San Deigo
How does yours Idle Sd?
I didn't even really try to tune itmuch at all I put it on the motor it came with "Skyhawk" ran it I wasn't getting the desired results, so I put on a stock one I wanted to see if it was the carb or something else causing the issue I was having. I got much better results with the stock carb so I just left it on there "Not that this is going to help me trade or sell it posting this "tid bit" but the fact are the facts, be them as they may
idles perfect warm
when engine is cold, like overnight it takes like 5 min of high idle before it will idle
But I had asked about that here and someone said thats normal
So once it warms up mine can idle super low if I like

But yeah stock carb would idle perfect hot or cold but of course its different too

I just added a smaller filter, accidentally over oiled it but once cleaned out it runs really strong now
I also changed my mix down to 25:1 from 32:1 I needed to be a touch leaner because plug was to black
Just easier then filling and drilling the jet again

I will make a idle video today all I can say is the carb and a newer 4 tooth larger sprocket my bike is set. No more pedaling up hills anymore the carb is stronger then stock, and im sure the gearing change helped too
and I think that smaller filter, or because its oiled more it even runs better now too
Just need to check the plug again but I think maybe I hit the sweet spot

SdCruizer

Feb 15, 2012
San Deigo
here is the video, once its done uploading
At the beginning I forgot to turn on the fuel
but once I figured that out you can see how great it starts and runs cold

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYZ0nCc62GU

also hard to hear how quiet it is, except for the clutch rattling
driving the clutch noise is silent, and all you hear is a slight gear whine

Im using the BGF 80cc CNS carb with smaller main jet, needle leaned one notch