Help for the Morini lovers

GoldenMotor.com

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
To start, I can supply the complete Engine block as seen in the pictures. Price will be $479.00. Mix Ratio 32:1. Later I can supply the lower block and upper for those that wish to build their own and save money.. But.. For now. I only have completed Engine blocks. Lead time is around 10-15 Business days for delivery. Enjoy the ride.

Last edited:

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ
Holy Moly thats the exact same motor that I just fitted into my bike.. didnt know it was that it looks the exact same even the part number on the side of the block almost matchs up. I assumed it was just a morini knockoff. Glad to be wrong.
Absolutely awesome..
I picked this motor up from my vendor as he had it lying around in his workshop and couldnt be bothered making brackets for it he claimed it had over 6kw here I was thinking he ment to say 6hp.
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=24753&page=307 i have a pic of it right here at post 3065.. WOO HOO!!

THATSDAX do you have any manuals for this motor avail. ?

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Actually.. It is a KTM style. There are a several versions or variations of these with KW or HP ratings from 5hp to 11hp and is no joke !! Depends on how it is specified from the factory. At 6kw your version will have around 8.04 or 8hp. The version I am selling is 8.92 hp or 9hp. If there is enough interest, I will procure all data and parts as well as warranty info for this motor. BTY. How is your install going? What is your feed back for your motor? Do you know the weight, width, height? Does your version use 420 chain? If so.. How many teeth does your Counter Shaft sprocket have? Let me know. Thanks.. Enjoy the ride..

Last edited:

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ
Actually.. It is a KTM style. There are a several versions or variations of these with KW or HP ratings from 5hp to 11hp and is no joke !! Depends on how it is specified from the factory. At 6kw your version will have around 8.04 or 8hp. The version I am selling is 8.92 hp or 9hp. If there is enough interest, I will procure all data and parts as well as warranty info for this motor. BTY. How is your install going? What is your feed back for your motor? Do you know the weight, width, height? Does your version use 420 chain? If so.. How many teeth does your Counter Shaft sprocket have? Let me know. Thanks.. Enjoy the ride..
The install went fine. I had to make the brackets to suit and it was relatively easy I just had to mount it higher so the pedals would clear..wider pedals would have got around this problem though.
The motor starts easy enough though if I had a dud plug I would get a sore arm as they seem to have pretty good comp. the bike sounds awesome and has that distinctive dirtbike 2 stroke exhaust note, I just need to adjust the clutch at the moment as I dont want to rev the jeebers out of it as its brand new.
I am not sure of the weight but I can measure the width and height later today and post.
Mine seems to be sort of ok with the 415 chain though im having troubles with it binding at the moment which I had put down to chain alignment.
I'll also count the teeth and post later today.
Sorry THATSDAX thinking about it I probly shouldnt have posted here just got a little excited. :oops:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Hey Dax are these motors a direct bolt up pattern like the ol S6S ,S6C, S6T? In better words do they bolt right in as the same pattern?

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ

Hey mate I measured up the motor roughly though I am confident it is either the exact same as yours or a copy of the same thing as it looks exactly the same.
You were right about the chain it needs to be #420..thanx for that.
The front sprocket has ten teeth.
Are smaller drive sprokets available for these motors like a 9 or 8?

In short I think these motors are amazing and the quality is second to none so glad to have one on my bike, they even have the 3 shoe with no springs at all just stack washers so the clutch is totally adjustable easy as love it..wee. Gr8 motor here guys..

I started a thread in the trouble shooting section that has some good pics.

Attachments

Last edited:

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Thanks for that Feedback.. I have a customer that is an engineer and pilot. He just ordered one of my GP50's for his own personal ride. He wants to put it on a trike !! No kidding. I recommended some shims to power the motor down but he is not going for it. He said he wants to burn rubber down the street and he being 70 years old and Vietnam war vet, I believe him. I laughed to tears in conversation with him. He is really cool for sure. I hope he does not kill himself after all these years.. But.. He knows what he wants and he is a veteran builder of Gas and Electric bikes and he knows the score..

Also.. I will check into different engine size sprockets. Looking at your 10T, it would seem that a 9T would make the chain have to make a very tight curve and not feasible. But maybe a 9T would be fine. I would have to talk with those that run 420 chains for feedback. The only other items needed will be a Quiet pipe and air cleaner. Any ideas on these? I will ask the factory about the pipe. My guess is that the factory pipe will be loud and powerful. Even if I lose a hp or two with a quiet pipe, I know I have customers that will want the more quite pipe as 9hp down to 7hp will still be plenty in excess for most bicycle riders me included. Enjoy the ride.

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ
Mine came with a 19mm mikuni copy for a carb.
Your right about the pipe being too loud but I'm not in the same area for very long if you get my jist. I'll be going a pro circuit pipe soon and just make my own muffler to keep it quiet. Pretty much any bumps in the footpath when sitting around 40km/hr and the wheel lifts in normal riding stance + the bike and I together weighs 145kg:)