Dear diary

GoldenMotor.com

Pappy

Apr 19, 2009
Anderson, IN.
This was sent to me by a friend in Northern Indiana

"DEAR DIARY"

AUG 12
Moved to our new home in Indiana. Its so beautiful here, can't wait for it to snow.

OCT 14
Indiana is the most beautiful place on earth, the leaves have turned all different shades of red and orange. Went for a ride through the country and saw some dear, they are so graceful, certainly they are the most wonderful animal on earth. This must be paradise, love it here. Looking forward to that first snow.

NOV 11
Dear season will start soom, I can't imagine anyone wanting to kill such a gorgeous creature. Hope it will snow soon. I love it here.

DEC 2
It snowed last night, woke up to find everything white. It looked like a postcard. We went outside and cleaned the snow off the steps and shoveled the driveway. We had a snowball fight (I won), and when the snowplow came by, we had to shovel the driveway again, what a beautiful place, I love Indiana.

DEC 12
More snow last night, I love it. The snowplow did his trick to the driveway again. I love it here.

DEC 19
More snow last night, couldn't get out of the driveway to get to work. I am exhausted from shoveling. That damn snowplow.

DEC 22
More of that white crap fell last night. I've got blisters on my hands from shoveling. I think the snowplow hides around the corner and waits till I'm done shoveling the driveway. A**hole!

DEC 25
Merry F-ing Christmas. More friggen snow. If I ever get my hands on that son-of-a-b**** who drives the snowplow I swear I'll kill the b******. Don't know why they don't use more salt on the road to melt the f-ing ice.

DEC 27
More white s*** last night. Been inside for three days, except for shoveling out the driveway after the snowplow goes through every time. Can't go anywhere! My car is stuck in a mountain of white sh**. The weatherman says to expect another 10" of white sh** again tonight. Do you know how many shovel fulls 10" is?

DEC 28
The F-ing weatherman was wrong, we got 34" of white sh** this time. At this rate, it won't melt before summer. The snowplow got stuck up the road, and that son-of-a-b**** came to the door and asked if he could borrow my shovel. After I told him I had broken 6 shovels already, shoveling all the sh** he pushed into the driveway, I broke my last one over his f-ing head.

JAN 4
Finally got out of the house today. Went to the store and got food, and on the way back a damned deer ran in front of my car, and I hit it. Did about $3000.00 damage to the car. Those f-ing bastards should all be killed, wish the hunters had killed them all last November.

MAY 3
Took the car to the garage in town. Would you believe the thing is rusting out from all the f-ing salt they put all over the roads.

MAY 10
Moved to Florida. I can't imagine why anyone in there right mind would ever live in that God-for-saken state of Indiana.

Last edited:

Pappy

Apr 19, 2009
Anderson, IN.
You can edit the State in the AUG 12 entry and in the MAY 10 entry to your Northern State and post it on your Facebook, Twitter or MySpace page.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I live in Indiana. But I spent a few more years in Cleveland Ohio than here.

That stuff up there about life in Indiana hits pretty close to the mark.

However: Cleveland always did have colder temperatures, more snow overall, more obnoxious plow drivers, and use more salt on the roads than Indiana ever did.

If you can get around amidst a Cleveland winter (or Buffalo NY - about the same) you're doing great. I've heard that Maine is a whole different kettle of fish. I have no plans to visit there in winter time.

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
Thats why i love living in fl. It may get a bit cold in the winter, but all we ever get is frost on the ground and ice on the car if its not in the carport. Good ol' southern weather is great! Except when summer rolls around...

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
It all sounds extremely familiar- except I've usually lived in south/central Indiana which doesn't get quite as much lake snow-

And you can add to the entry-
"June 5, 2008- seven feet of water came down Beanblossom river canyon and washed all the gay bashers out who had been trying to make me leave for the three years before"

I ended up in Florida that fall, was going back up there summers- but now finally through.
a long long sad Story Stoneheads...

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
buba here

pappy your friend´s diary got my tears of laughter flowing again

thanks
any other geography blunders out there ????