Western Flyer BTR

GoldenMotor.com

anota

Jul 2, 2012
Narragansett
Got another knee surgery so was out of the game for a while.. Disregard pretty much this entire thread. I ditched the gc160 to put in on a flatbed tricycle and tiged of motor mounts to put the 4 stroke in. Runs strong minor vibration.. had some fun messing around with a copper exhaust.. its going in for blasting and powder coating soon then she's ALL done.. its been way to long

Attachments

anota

Jul 2, 2012
Narragansett
Motomagz thats it. this is my first 4 stroke finished and i already like it more than the 2 strokes. Been messing around with lots of copper details on the tank so hopefully that will all get finished up today.

Some overall pictures of attached.. also thinking of making a false engine case under the mounting bracket inside the drop look to 1: make the engine look bigger and 2: have storage for tools

Attachments

anota

Jul 2, 2012
Narragansett
new pictures! I did a test run of a darker red paint. I painted it black and wasn't feeling it. I painted it bright red and wasn't feeling it either and found this color working. Ran out of argon to finish up tank so thats highest on my list and getting copper fuel lines!! Let me know what you guys think on the color and I'm thinking of going with a raw tank and clear coating it

While i was bored i looked into the quiver of bikes and had an old motorized bike and tricycle and made a stretched lowrider.trk

Attachments

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Looks great...if you get a gx160 velocity stack it will fit that carb and you then have a choice of air filters. Or I'm sure you can up with something!

anota

Jul 2, 2012
Narragansett
Had no idea thanks for that! Definitely need a pretty air filter on her soon... new improvement I cut the original pedal crank and rewelded them into a horseshoe and tied it into the coaster hub so i can use the pedals as foot rest and even kick stands and all i have to do to break is push about 45 degrees back for the break to engage.. yes i know not safe enough... the next project is new rims my back is slightly bent kind of scary.. but got it going down the road like a champ today! decided to ditch the tank i built because i just wasn't in love so ill get a new one done in the newer future