Muffler fell apart

GoldenMotor.com

brown

Feb 1, 2013
Bloomington IL
They always fall apart. Double nut the stud that holds the cap on or spot weld the cap to the rest of the muffler. I have had the stud break after it was double nutted. So spot welding is best in my opinion.

GoreWound

Dec 1, 2014
Canada
What about the inside tube? How does it connect? Would you recommend any other mufflers?
assuming the header is still intact (i cant image it wouldn't be) you can just hacksaw the muffler off and build you own pipe from there.
if anyone gives you a look and asks "why is you exhaust made from random lengths of electrical conduit, hose clamps, and hope" you can simply tell them that it's custom work and they are cretins.

fortunately exhaust work is really easy to break into even without a welder.
my huasheng is breathing out through a header comprised of a spare flange and two inches of pipe I happened to have, then a soup can joint with two hose claps to another three inches of pipe to make a bend (this bit touches my frame so theres a slice of heater hose jammed between the pipe and the frame) then I have about five feet of heater hose before the straight section thats hung from the underside of the bike. this straight section had a bit of stainless steel pot-scrubber crammed into it for quietness.

works great, better than the factory muffler (but that thing belonged on a mower anyway)

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.