Ghost Racer kit

GoldenMotor.com

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
Is it me, or all these questions and comments about the ghost racer kit making people worry? I was going to buy a kit from Gasbike (which I hate), but seeing all these posts are making me scared.

Is it worth it? Are they any good? Are there any things I need to worry about it?

It's going on my old panama jack, with a banana seat and 18' ape hangers.

Lemme know what you think. Thanks lads!!!

piper

Jun 20, 2014
san luis obispo,california
Honestly i think it is a crap shoot. My buddy has one with a ton of miles on it with no trouble. I hit the 200 mile mark and my transmission output shaft bearings went out. I did not post my issue with the ghost racer kit to scare people from buying them, just because they are still new to the market i just wanted to inform only what i personally have experienced in hope that i can beef up the weak points in the future.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Is it me, or all these questions and comments about the ghost racer kit making people worry? I was going to buy a kit from Gasbike (which I hate), but seeing all these posts are making me scared.

Is it worth it? Are they any good? Are there any things I need to worry about it?

It's going on my old panama jack, with a banana seat and 18' ape hangers.

Lemme know what you think. Thanks lads!!!
Get the 4G which they copied and didn't get it quite right.
On sale for $299

http://www.bicycle-engines.com/49cc-4G-T-Belt-Drive-Complete-Gas-Powered-Engine-Kit.html

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Good info guys. I'd gladly pay a few extra bucks for reliability
It's all about what's inside the transfer case, and yes, better stuff is more expensive.

Ideally it is stand alone unit with clutch bell on a good bearing supported shaft the toothed pulley attaches to as a primary...
And a wide heavy duty good bearing supported secondary shaft for the big pulley and output sprocket.

The secondary is where you want it to freewheel for pedaling.
The 4G uses use a freewheel sprocket, the 10G's have it in the 100T pulley so you can use a smaller or larger regular output sprocket but both do the same thing...

You don't have to pedal the whole transfer case drive to the clutch bell.