Using my motorized bicycle as a business

GoldenMotor.com

Medicsgirl

Mar 11, 2012
San Antonio
I just read all the messages on a few other threads and did not see my answer, so I am hoping to get some help. I am going to be using my motorized bicycle for a Go-Fer errand business. I want to put on the advertising that I am licensed and bonded, but I am having a heck of a time finding insurance. I live in San Antonio, Texas. I have no car (so no insurance there), and due to the fact this is a BUSINESS and not a personal item, I can't put it under renters insurance. I need actual motorized bicycle insurance coverage in order for me to get my permits and my bond to run my biz. Can anyone please help me out???

My biz is already getting steady buzz and people are anxious to hire us, but we need to get the insurance. .crt.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Somewhere there must be some insurance company that covers, say, bicycle messengers. Or their companies, more likely.

They might be reluctant to give business details to a stranger. But if you asked enough of them, then maybe someone in that business will point you in the right direction.

An e-mail (or several) to messenger services in places other than San Antonio (in case they're suspicious that you're a wannabe competitor) might get the answer you need.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Tape ten thousand dollars to your forehead and stand outside the insurance place.
They will find a way....
Seriously, expect it to be VERY expensive since it's required.

Medicsgirl

Mar 11, 2012
San Antonio
Ok, update: We called a few places and no one can help at this time, but veloinsurance told us that they are working with underwriters to get a power assisted bike policy as this is a growing market. The man my hubby spoke with stated he is building a list to show that this is a much needed market. The agent said he thinks it will be at least a year before a policy designed for our bikes will come out, but at least they are working on something. I think if we all called or emailed then they may be persuaded to create a policy sooner. Velo Insurance does have a $750.00 plus options for Bikes, so that is the option you have to ask for. I hope this helps others. We are still looking for something in the meantime.

cosmickid

Sep 11, 2011
planet earth
Here's a possibility...
LLoyds of London, US Branch...
They say they'll insure anything...
Worth checking out, if nothing else they may point you towards someone who will insure you.