Few curioities & some help needed... project halted til solved ;-(

GoldenMotor.com

MoreBloodWine

Oct 9, 2012
Meadville, Pa
Last question before I crash for the night but does anyone know what types of oil I can use that are from Home Depot ?

Someone earlier said marine oil you want to avoid.

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
any 2 stroke lawn and garden is great

2 stroke marine is not good it will kill the engine it dosent lubricate as good and is for the water cooled 2stroke outboards :)

MoreBloodWine

Oct 9, 2012
Meadville, Pa
Thx for that reply, got my shopping list almost complete. There is one thing I forgot though, can I use any in line fuel filter from Home Depot or does it have to be something specific ?

I've seen em priced from as little as $6 to as high as $30.

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
i have one from ACE hardware some people run ones for cars the nice ones have the element you can clean mine is a $6 one it works good enough its a low flow engine so it dosent matter

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
be sure to get a filter with an arrow on it so that if you take it off, you'll be able to put it back on without dumping all the collected crap into your carb

Last edited:

PAracer

Sep 14, 2012
Steelton, PA
Not so about the fl oz to wt oz. Oil is less dense than water. A cup of water weighs 8 ounces. What weighs more, a cup of feathers or a cup of bricks?

Did you figure out how to bend the exhaust to fit? If you don't have a vise, use a couple of 2x4s. Bolt the together around the pipe so you have something to grip. You should be able to get a bit more clearance if you bend the muffler toward the front tire. You will also get better clearance if you remove the heat guard.

MoreBloodWine

Oct 9, 2012
Meadville, Pa
Did you figure out how to bend the exhaust to fit? If you don't have a vise, use a couple of 2x4s. Bolt the together around the pipe so you have something to grip. You should be able to get a bit more clearance if you bend the muffler toward the front tire. You will also get better clearance if you remove the heat guard.
I didnt do anything to it yet but how do you remove the guard hould I choose to do so ?