Bike Won't start anymore

GoldenMotor.com

Mjkx8

Jun 22, 2011
United States
Hey guys, so I was on a nice ride for about an hour or so...I stop at a red light and my dumb ass fiddled with the blue and black wires from the CDI to the engine. Well they came out from being "plugged in" to each other and so I put them back together. Then I start peddling, like I would normally do. And nothing. It does seem to intake air, I mean I can hear the engine...pretty loud, but no acceleration. No spark maybe? I ****ed up the CDI wires? By the way it is misting a little bit but I doubt any water got on the wires, for they were out for a split second, and if some did it would have been a tiny amount. Any ideas?
Thanks

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
This has been covered here so many times I've lost count. DO NOT rely on the brass plug in connections at the blue and black wire. Those splices should be soldered and protected with heat shrink tubing.

Do you know how to check the ignition system?
Remove the spark plug, re-attach the plug wire then lay the plug against the cylinder head fins and roll the bike forward at good pace with the clutch engaged. Look for a spark at the plug's electrodes.
If no spark, go back and check those connections. You might want to disconnect the kill switch (button) during this test. They have been known to fail to the closed position preventing the ignition from working.
Let us know what you find.
Tom