frankenbike

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I am one of the hopelessly unrepentant junker builder types. The bike I just rebuilt again see http://motorbicycling.com/f15/just-too-376.html .

The bike has a 26" cruiser frame, but the front wheel is from the huge mountain bike I had laying around. The rear wheel is from a twenty inch girl's bike. The handle bars are from a different girl's bike. Ir has front brakes from the huge mountain bike as well.

The twenty inch wheel I had to pull from the sissy schwinn so of course I either had to junk the schwinn or find a rear coaster wheel. Enter a 16 inch bike wheel I had laying around. So the sissy has a 20" crank set a 24" frame and front wheel. but full sized sea from the huge mountain bike. I set the sissy up with a 350 watt electric motor as well as all the other mismatched parts.

I made a decission today. I am not going to deal with a bike shop again. Not their fault but you can't make chicken salad from chicken droppings. Best to just chuck bike parts that aren't right to begin with.

Anyway it's fun to cobble together bikes.

nogoodnic

Jan 29, 2008
Shelby MI
forum1.freakbikenation.com
Heck yeah! Frankenbikes are fun builds. Heres a picture of a bike that I built for a customer who didn't want to spend any money, he suplied all of the parts from no less than five diffrent bikes. This bike gave a whole new meaning to the term rat bike for me...Kelly

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
part of the fun with these motorized bikes is using our imagination to see what we can come up with