Stuck Bottom end

GoldenMotor.com

t6R

Mar 31, 2014
Connecticut
Hey guys I've got a bottom end that is stuck. any ideas for me? It's a brand new engine from gasbike.

Oh, i wouldn't recommend buying from them. Air filter came smashed to pieces because of awful packaging. There was no packing materials. Just a box inside a smaller box. I've ordered a few things and the story is the same. Ordered a mount for a 212cc predator and the bolts were just floating around inside the box. anyways,

I can't get this crank to unstick. any ideas?

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
Define "stuck". Since you're sure it's just the bottom-end, can we assume there is no cylinder attached to it? Does the flywheel not move AT ALL? If so, send it back.

t6R

Mar 31, 2014
Connecticut
they didn't respond to my email i sent last week about it. And yeah, i took the top end off completely. It feels like something is stuck in the bottom of the crank shaft. It will go to a certain point then stop turning at all. I stuck a screwdriver down there and something moved. How hard is it to split the bottom end?

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
All right---check magneto key way, left side forward cover and be sure the actual key has not slipped out of its groove and bound itself against the case. i found a couple like this from Gas Bike. Assembly error. If that's not the problem-check all shaft keys.

Last edited:

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Crassius is correct, don't wait or put this off If you feel this is beyond your capability to investigate. I see you are from Conn. Expect 4 to 6 weeks resolution. Just sharing my more than once exp. with Gas Bike kits with bound/tight turning bottoms. You can fix this in an hour yourself. IF it is the problem.

Last edited: