TITAN XC50 vs XC50s

GoldenMotor.com

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
I have the XC50s on my bike right now, runs great. Never really had anyone with a regular XC50 to compare it too. Im pretty sure the Titan and hushangs are all almost the same

Only thing is that the titans run a tampered shaft rather than the keyed 5/8 shaft.
Which really limits ur options on transmissions... I was lucky enough to find a 4g for the tapered

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
I have had the XC50 for awhile and was happy with it until I accidently got the throttle stuck and broke a connecting rod. Replaced that, but it never was the same again. Sounds like a bunch of hammers inside but runs, lol. I'll be ordering the XC50s here soon and will see how much difference there is. I already run a performance air filter, agk cam, high flow exhaust and have the main jet drilled out. That all made a huge difference in performance, should be twice as nice with the XC50s which has a little more compression in it from what I could gather from Dax's posts.

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
I've been wanting to try agk custom ground shaft for a while but they don't have em in stock anymore. I've taken the side cover off before to replace the main output shaft seals, wish I could of done it then.

I might just buy a spare from Dax and send it to agk, but they take to long... Ordered a pipe and high flow air filter, still hasn't been shipped

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
Yea they are pretty much empty after the holidays, so expect a wait, I did for my exaust last year. I was lucky to get a cam. I put all my aftermarket parts on at once then dialed in the main jet, so I can't tell you just how much the cam affects performance by itself. I was thinking of getting a big bore carb, but drilling out the main jet in the stock seems to be working just fine.

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Not a bad idea, not bad at allxct2

Yea figured as much, but I mean I ordered since the early December and still no parts. I'm starting to think about a refund or something

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
They have a welder/muffler guy doing the exhausts and he takes a bit to get them done, but it is worth it. I have the long pipe and it fits well on my bike, just looks proper. I sanded it down and coated with high temp clear coat to protect from Florida rust, then I wrapped it with grey header wrap for looks!

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Dang it, Dax doesn't sell the cams anymore.

And I hope it is, I've been waiting on it for a while. My slash cut exuast is cool but too obnoxious lol

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Yeah, I bought 2 cams a month ago from B-E with the intention of sending them to AGK to be grinded. I didn't need 2, but at $6 a pop, it's a good deal!

Maybe all of us who want a cam should pick a time to send AGK all the cams we want done so they'll be more likely to get done faster! :D

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
^^^ same here, just ordered 2 along with carb gaskets I needed

I'm gonna Ask a local go kart shop to see if they do such work... If not I feel like agk owe me the service of custom grounding a cam shaft for me for waiting so long for parts.

Does anyone know the valve gap setting after getting the cam grounded?

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
I'd be liable to pull out my trusty caliper and grab a fine file if I had a complete one here to measure lol... Been getting tempted to reduce that base circle diameter!

Next we need a 1mm longer center-to-center HD conrod... another weak link gone and 9.2-9.4:1 as a result, by my estimation... Just enough for 91-92 pump octane!

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
What are the measurements on one of these engines without the fuel tank sitting on top? Also how much of an angle could someone tilt one of these and still get a long life out of it? How about some pictures of them mounted in the bike.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
What are the measurements on one of these engines without the fuel tank sitting on top?
My HS (5/8" shaft version) measures about 9.5" high * 9.5" wide * 9" long. An XC50 is roughly the same.

Also how much of an angle could someone tilt one of these and still get a long life out of it?
According to the Honda GXH50 manual, the engine can be mounted up to 30 degrees from level. HS and XCs are basically copies of that engine.

How about some pictures of them mounted in the bike.
They're all over the place if you search. Here's my bike's album: http://motorbicycling.com/album.php?albumid=111