Missouri

GoldenMotor.com

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Marshall, Missouri

Slater council approves vehicle ordinance

After several meetings of deliberation on the issue, the Slater City Council finally passed the ordinance dealing with nontraditional use of city streets and sidewalks at its meeting Tuesday evening, Dec. 1.

The ordinance allows for the operation of the following vehicles: muscle-powered devices, such as skate boards or bicycles; muscle-augmented devices, such as electric bicycles; and powered devices, such as motorized bicycles, all-terrain vehicles and golf carts.

All powered devices must be registered with the city, at a cost of $10, and be insured to be in compliance with the ordinance. Individuals operating the devices must be licensed drivers.

The ordinance passed unanimously after a provision was inserted stating that vehicles used only for one- or two-day events must have insurance but need not be registered, at the request of council member Ron Monnig.

The new ordinance is effective immediately, and Slater residents have until July 1, 2010, to register their vehicles.

Marshall Democrat-News: Local News: Slater council approves vehicle ordinance

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
MB's now Legal in Bridgeton

Bridgeton,Missouri passes law on motorized bicycles

Motorized bicycles are now legal for use by licensed drivers on Bridgeton streets. The City Council adopted a version of a recent state law regarding the cycles Wednesday night.

Read More... Bridgeton passes law on motorized bicycles

Last edited:

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
The old snake wants to move to Jefferson City. Mo. I've taken a couple of MB's there and rode in town and out in the country. Had a good time and never hassled by the police. So if I move there
I guess I should be in tall cotton?
I don't want to move there myself the humidity is killer in the summer and the climate is wetter than here in Texas so I'm draggin my feet.
Oh well some day I'll loose the fight and start packing.
Norman