my four stroke build

GoldenMotor.com

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
I got around to starting my tank , Here is a picture of what I have done so far . I made it a little bit wider then the tanks on my two stroke bikes . This should hold about 3/4 of a gallon .

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
I saw those on you tube , not very impressive . hows your foundry coming along Dave . Cast any parts yet , I already rebuilt a extra two stroke motor for the next race .

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Use a turbo and a supercharger, the expensive Zenvo car gets 1100 HP, I'm sure you and can mod it to water cool too!

But seriously, I was always seeing these lawn mowers with the spring loaded ratchet thingies to start the motor. That could be the answer beside electric start or always park on a hill.

Short story:

I know all to well about the bendix drive that takes the push of the solenoid on the starter motor of an 84 Chevette and linkages make it turn 180 degrees to put the starter gear to the flywheel gear. The rebuilts were crap. I finally hit on using the old core part I kept for the bendix drive housing had more clearance. The engine heat expanded till the rebuilt one would seize. Then I had to let it cool to restart the engine. I did get it to free up temporarily by slamming the side of the housing with a long screw driver to free it up in a pinch, but that was not right. The outer windings of the original starter even though worn, were not as worn as the armature windings, so I mixed and matched. The integral bendix drive with the outer windings on the original starter motor got me going, but note on level ground without much load, I put my left foot out the door and popped the clutch in second:)

Measure Twice

ducedave

Apr 17, 2011
Mentone Ca.
I saw those on you tube , not very impressive . hows your foundry coming along Dave . Cast any parts yet , I already rebuilt a extra two stroke motor for the next race .
every thing but
bottom end built and good to go - still getting my learn on and gathering stuff. thinking about power ports and power valves --It's mind bending with out 3D programing
I have the 26/2.50 hook worms on I had to move the motor. 10T and sprocket a 1/4 in. left with that finished I'm going to get started on the mold sooner then later.

So when I'm ready to pour would you like to come out to help out?

ducedave

Apr 17, 2011
Mentone Ca.
Sounds like you got a lot done so far . Can't help with the pour I don't own a foil suit lol
I have a few foil hats ...... it's like 750* leather glove and tong stuff no big whoop
I need low salt, wash soda and an iron pot... I have coal, forge. wax, plaster and a WallMart aluminum junk bike frame

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
Okay here is a little update on my build. Started on the tank and its looking pretty good so far .I got some of the little parts in and fitted so far so good . I ordered some motor parts billet flywheel billet head and clutch . I think it looks pretty good so far cant wait to see it done .

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
been working on a few things on this build , Here is where I am so far . I have been building a tank should be done with it by the end of this week. I got my clutch in and have been mocking that up getting the chains lined up and adjusted here are some pictures of whats going on .