Jesse James West Coast chopper done right

GoldenMotor.com
Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
One of my local customers, Dave, has been building motorized bicycles for several years. He has a real eye for design.

A few months ago I gave him a new, chrome, Jesse James bike to mess around with. As you can see from the pics, he did a fantastic job on what is normally a difficult build.

Dave is retired and enjoys building these bikes. He has several that are for sale to make room for new builds.

Jim

Attachments

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
All I have to say is WOW and can we get some more pics of the black one behind it too?

KiM

May 5, 2010
Australia
I like the fake springer! ;)
Doesn't look fake to me looks like its been installed incorrectly to me, my springer is near identical
to this one, if you zoom in on the pic of the fork you can see the correct slot for the axle, hes mounted it on the rocker pivot for some reason looks a lil silly Iif i'm honest
why would he do this? Only thing i can come up with is the trail was to great when the axle
is mounted in its correct spot?

Rest of the bike looks outstanding.

KiM

Attachments

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
Real cool! Alot of great work had to go into that build, all thumbs up! She must be real heavy, how fast is she? Then again a bike with that much detail should be driven at slower speeds so all could stop and admire!

KiM

May 5, 2010
Australia
Apparently the disc brake wouldn't work with the axle in the leading springer location.
Apparently the disc brake wouldn't work with the axle in the leading springer location.
Not sure why he's gone this way its incorrect, you don't mount a calliper on the fork tube of a springer it doesn't work, springer forks require the calliper mounted on the rocker....ChoppersUS sell the rockers for those forks with a disk brake adapter on them, i have them myself.
I run a 180mm disk (160mm in pic) on the front of my cruiser now using near identical springer front end.

With the chopper though you can get away with no front brake, early choppers in the 70's never had front brakes
the style of the chopper sees alot more weight on the rear wheel thus allowing the rear brake to be more effective
than on your more conventional bicycles.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

GeneFiorot

Feb 12, 2009
Punta Gorda Florida
It's plain as day its a genuine springer thats not setup correctly
nothing fake about it

KiM
The front end is completely faux. I know from the source, nice pictures can fake even experts like you . Haha

Hint look at the lower tree do you suppose the head light should be going up and down with suspension movement?

What's even more impressive is the Stock China HT Gas Tank buried under that fiberglass.

Last edited:

KiM

May 5, 2010
Australia
LOL... Unless you provide a link for the 'faux springer' i
stand by previous statements I have identical fork on my bike mate they are
available from ChoppersUS where i got mine! Only thing stopping them working as designed is moving the axle
to the front droppout provided and put the bolt back in the rocker pivot HECK he would of had to dissasseble the complete fork to get the front wheel in where it is be a prick to pull it out if you get a flat haha

And no i wouldn't mount the lights that way IF the fork was functioning there is a tapped hole on the lower tree to mount a front headlight. Seeing the fork has been installed rigid though the mounting as is is fine. It also doesn't remotely look 'stock' i believe the builder has made the ligh mounting bracket
it differs in shine to the rest of the aluminium parts on the fork.

Provide the link to support your claims and i'll be a believer...either way not looking for an argument simply stating my opinion.

Here's link to support my claims

http://www.choppersus.com/store/product/222/Fork-Kit---Springer-Chrome/

ONLY difference between these and the once on this thread is the Iron Cross on the rockers
and possibly? non genuine springs? The originals i took out also they are too stiff
for bicycle use IMO and replaced them with softer tensioned springs from my DIY springer i made myself.

KiM

EDIT: if it is fake explain to me why there is provision for the hub to be mounted in the front of the rocker? If it
was that would make the holes where the hubs mounted now pivots would it not? what then would prevent the fork from functioning ? Nothing
as far as i can tell...The springer tubes and springs look operational as does the rocker, it can't not be, has pivot point and Springer tubes attached...tell us all again how it is fake please and why its been installed incorrectly i.e correct mounting of the hub.?

Last edited: