Where is best place to shoot my computer?

GoldenMotor.com

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
My computer hates me!!! In April I got a virus- $65.00 to fix. Last night the power went out and came back on several times, bad thunderstorm, so this morning computer has completely crashed, more online/on phone time to fix, $110.00, and I lost all files, e-mail address', everything!! Got a new computer with no history.

MY QUESTION IS WHY DOES THE FORUM LOOK DIFFERENT? It used to be black letters, red letters for posts read, on an ivory background. NOW IT'S BLACK BACKGROUND AND WHITE LETTERS and looks like crap & is hard to read. Computer Geeks Help PLEASE Walter F.

Rockenstein

Feb 8, 2009
Ontario, Canada
I imagine, since in the user CP there are no board style options, the colors you had before were a result of your browser settings. Firefox browser I know allows you to override some colors, fonts and font size etc etc...

You should get yourself an external hard drive or something so you can ghost your system, personal settings, important data and so on. I have 2 1 TB HD's (1 internal + 1 external) that I store important things like family photo's, home movies, bookmarks, emails\email addresses on. The external is a just in case I need to get out quickly deal...photo's and video clips of my kids and family going back 20 years are simply irreplaceable.

Last edited:

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
You should also unplug your computer, including phone line or cable connection, whenever there is a thunder storm in the vicinity. Finding some good firewall software is useful also. Otherwise shoot the boxy part, it doesn't do any good to blast that TV looking thing!

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I used to get a new virus every week it seemed, then it suddenly stopped. I never knew where I got them or why I don't get them now. I suppose part of it is that I don't open much email these days. All those poor russian chicks will have to find some other sugar daddy,.

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
FINFAN Last week i found 2 of the boxy parts in a ditch on the farm,people will throw their junk everywhere.I picked them up to place in the dumpster.on the way to the shop i figured they would make good targets,which they did.The 50cal barrett only took 1 shot,the 9mm mp5 on full auto took 30 rounds.No more boxy things.HD

lordoflightaz

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
MY QUESTION IS WHY DOES THE FORUM LOOK DIFFERENT? It used to be black letters, red letters for posts read, on an ivory background. NOW IT'S BLACK BACKGROUND AND WHITE LETTERS and looks like crap & is hard to read. Computer Geeks Help PLEASE Walter F.
So many things affect how things look. What browser are you using? You might want to try Firefox. It can keep different settings from you operating system settings, which you may have messed with. There is an option to turn off "style" which will show you a page without any customized formatting.

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
FINFAN Last week i found 2 of the boxy parts in a ditch on the farm,people will throw their junk everywhere.I picked them up to place in the dumpster.on the way to the shop i figured they would make good targets,which they did.The 50cal barrett only took 1 shot,the 9mm mp5 on full auto took 30 rounds.No more boxy things.HD
What you spent on ammunition was probably down payment on a new computer! BTW I generally prefer a .45 since it is less likely to get too far beyond the target you're shooting at.

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
If it comes down to it I'm using my Remington Model 870 and 00 Buckshot

What is an Activex control? and how do you get one? Thanks Walter F.