Would you buy a car from this man

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
So the government now owns the biggest share of a failed car company. This should be interesting.

Try to insulate yourself from the hyper inflation that is coming down the road. Buy your bike kits now while they are comparatively cheap. Stock up on guns and groceries not to mention toilet paper.

Last edited:

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
I'm curious as to where that is going to go... GM and all. I still won't drive an American car though... I'm perfectly happy with my Subaru.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
here is an uneducated guess.... The gm cars are over priced now.... the unions were a big part of the reason with all the back end cost of a car. So now the unions own a big part of the company along with the government. They will get all those giveups back cause the democrats have to play ball with them.

The cars that were over priced before will cost even more to build. So in order to sell them the government will subsidize the manufacturers. In other words you and me will be buying gm and Chrysler cars while we drive our Subaru. You will buy the car, you just won't get it.

Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
I blame the management but I mostly blame GM and Chrysler for lightening up their cars for the price of quality. I mean if they would put a little more meat in their doors for example so when you close it it has a tight feel to it like a luxury German car then maybe they would get more sales.
I love the Corvette and I got pretty excited when I saw the new Camaro and I still want that Challenger man I want that Challenger.

Meanwhile we have Ford that DIDN'T EVEN TAKE a loan man.
I've always been a Ford guy as it is and I've always thought the F-150 is simply the best truck out there and the 1976 F-150 is the most beautiful.
And their Mustangs don't look too bad.

So.

Why did Ford survive?

Management.

They knew way ahead what was to come. And they adapted befoire it happened.

And it helps them a lot on the simple fact that Ford is like the #1 choice in government fleet sales from police cars to Ambulances and even in part to Fire Trucks.

Shuttle services use primarily Ford vehicles as well.

So if I was to ever buy myself a new car or truck as much as I like how easy it is to get a trouble code from a GM or Chrysler car I'll take a Ford thank you.