Jetting?

GoldenMotor.com

bseelbach

Jul 19, 2009
USA
Alright I'm a bit confused on the drill bit vs jet size vs hole diameter. I have read that stock jet is approximately #70 which is approximately 0.7mm= 0.028mm right? I also read that leaning it out makes it a bit smoother and might help my 4 stroking. So if i want to close the hole then I should use a smaller jet- perhaps a 65. So as jet size increases, the hole size increases? I take it this is the opposite since as drill sizes increase the hole is smaller (ex #70 is smaller than #65).

Appreciate the clarification as I am just confused.

freewheeling frank

Mar 10, 2009
ridgway colorado
ya higher the bit number the smaller the hole i bought my really tiny bits at hobby lobby by going to the #80 i totally got rid of the top end 4 stroking and increased response an acceleration all thru the band. you can google bit size versus bit number and you will find a chart

bseelbach

Jul 19, 2009
USA
So bit diameter decreases as # increases. Are Jets the opposite and actually increase in size as the # increases. I want to buy a couple new (smaller) jets but just don't want to go in the wrong direction.

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Yes jet size is jet size, a 65 jet is smaller than a 70 jet. But they do correspond to mm. A 65 jet is a .65mm jet and a 70 jet is .70mm.

Here is drill chart for reference.

Attachments

bronco315

Aug 12, 2009
Northern AZ
I guess its mostly trial and error. but at 3-4 bucks a piece its nice to have a jumping off point. I read another thread that said he went down to a #65 jet at 1200 and could have gone one more down so i guess im starting at #62. We will see, thanks for the help, I'll let you know how I make out. I also ordered a Dellorto carb 14-14. Any experiences with these?

freewheeling frank

Mar 10, 2009
ridgway colorado
where did you find the 14/14 carb i went to dellorto direct.com and didnt see it they had listings like pbgh pble and im guessing here but im close they came in lotsa sizes 15 to say 38 mm what am i looking for? have a model number?