Nirve switchblade 212cc build

GoldenMotor.com

Fang

May 4, 2013
San Diego
So yet again my good friend conned me into taking a trip to harbor freight only to convince me to get the 212cc predator engine
with his 25% off code I managed to get it for $80 so not too bad
So now comes the part where I spend every cent of my paycheck getting it running
I know I'm going to need
new mounts
clutch
jackshaft
stronger rims and spokes

Besides more reinforcements on the frame what else would I need?
I really enjoy the clutch on the 66cc china girls but I've heard you have to use centrifugal clutches on these engines, is this true?
brnot

Attachments

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
So yet again my good friend conned me into taking a trip to harbor freight only to convince me to get the 212cc predator engine
with his 25% off code I managed to get it for $80
Nice score, I need to check my next couple of HF sunday paper ad's for a coupon as I will be starting a 212 build this month.
I really enjoy the clutch on the 66cc china girls but I've heard you have to use centrifugal clutches on these engines, is this true?
brnot
You can put a manual clutch on a 4-stroke if you want but beauty of a pull start is you don't need a clutch to shift so why have one at all?

What you will need however is a big gear reduction of output RPM to you rear wheel. This is your transfer case, it turns that spinning shaft into a gear reduced chain sprocket.

Centrifugal clutches are popular because they are cheap and easy.
They are also single speed. The pads spin out and grab the inner bell at higher than idle RPMs and away you go.

Another option and what I am going to try is this Torque Conver transfer case with adapters for the 212 Pred.
http://gokartsusa.com/GTC-TC2-Gokart-Torque-Converter-30-Series.aspx

I'll leave you to read through that long page of what they are how they work, but in a nutshell it's is a 3-speed automatic.

Fang

May 4, 2013
San Diego
Well I do like to kill my bike and pedal then instantly start it when passing by pedestrians :p
Also I like the idea of being able to rev my engine from time to time
that torque converter looks sweet!
on the "driven" pulley is there a shaft to route the chain closer to the frame/rear sprocket?
Or would I have to construct my own
Thanks for the info btw it is very helpful!