Anyone looking for heavy duty #41 chain?

GoldenMotor.com

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i just bought 2, 10' Diamond Chains on ebay for like 16 bucks total.

Diamond chains are made in USA and have been around for at least 100 years. i've got a 1" pitch, "skiptooth" Diamond chain on my 1930's bike and it's still going strong. now i've got the motor chain to match...

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
i just bought 2, 10' Diamond Chains on ebay for like 16 bucks total.

Diamond chains are made in USA and have been around for at least 100 years. i've got a 1" pitch, "skiptooth" Diamond chain on my 1930's bike and it's still going strong. now i've got the motor chain to match...
Bairdco, it may interest you to know they've been around LONGER than 100 years. Since 1890. I believe the Wright brothers used Diamond Chain. And the factory is about 5 miles up the road from me. I go by it on the bus. And I can tell which parts are the oldest parts of the building. I keep wondering if I could just walk in there and buy some chain.
Some of their employees ride my bus to get there. They seem proud of the place.
Anyhoo, that's where they make your favorite chain: Indianapolis.

dirt

Aug 13, 2011
United States
I work in industrial maintenance. We have always specified Diamond chain for the hardest applications. They make some really good stuff. The "other" chain would fail in about a week where the Diamond would last 6 to 12 months.

wildcatcapone

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Your lucky you got those chains so cheap, and just so everyone is aware Diamond does make a imported version from China which is about half the price of the US one but a millionth of the quality.