My rat rod chopper

GoldenMotor.com

DJEEPER

Nov 9, 2009
Yorktown
Well, i figure that my bike fits in this section.

Flat black and flat OD green....

enjoy! and remember... chrome dont getcha home

Nate D

Jun 25, 2009
auburn, wa
Very nice custom work on that frame. How do you start it though? electric start or just push it? If you are just pushing that is the one thing that might look kind of ghetto or low tech and ruin the elegance of your bike. I would get the electric start since you took the pedals off. Especially on those starts when you have not ridden it for a while even pedaling it can be a little cranky getting going. Great work I love a good custom job, the olive green gives it a WW1 army look.

DJEEPER

Nov 9, 2009
Yorktown
It is a pull start engine. I wanted to delete the pedals and i thought the same thing you did: would look silly to "scoot" along before popping the clutch

it usually starts on the 3rd pull after sitting for a couple days.

i prime the heck out of it, full choke, 1st pull puts the gas into the chamber, 2nd pull cycles it through, 3rd pull everything is regulated and VROOM :)

DJEEPER

Nov 9, 2009
Yorktown
a what now??

if you are referring to a wheelie... then yes. if i am trying too hard to go from a start, and with a low tank, i can pull the front wheel up.... though i do not intentionally do this, haha.

BUT, i recently dropped my seat down to the frame (fits nice!) and it lowered my COG a bit. now i have less rotational mass outside of the COG and it wont do it unless i really try.

furament

May 31, 2009
ontaro
na its just one of those cwszi thoughts and the geee immmatree of the bike looks like it would pull itself over on itself my badd

DJEEPER

Nov 9, 2009
Yorktown
yeah, my trail is a little off as it sits right now.

my trail is at about 8-9". If i put longer dropouts on the front, it will work better. BUT, it rides great. just a little unstable under about 2 mph. The "floppage" is minimal, but noticeable.

I will soon be converting this fork to a springer if i dont sell the bike first.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
yeah, my trail is a little off as it sits right now.

my trail is at about 8-9". If i put longer dropouts on the front, it will work better. BUT, it rides great. just a little unstable under about 2 mph. The "floppage" is minimal, but noticeable.

I will soon be converting this fork to a springer if i dont sell the bike first.
LoL, hey DJEEPER correct me if I'm wrong but your pic is of the Vietnam Tom fight right?

DJEEPER

Nov 9, 2009
Yorktown