Warrior

GoldenMotor.com

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
g'day there truckd,
i too building a new 2stroke china girl boardtrack look bike i using a 51 model panther straightbar frame once again just love the look but this time around i looking to give it a vintage harley touch myself i thought i would let you in on my new look fork ,i call it the re-pop of the peashooter springer and will give the bike a new and very interesting look at the same time so here it is
How awesome is that fork. Can you take a couple more close up pictures of the top part? may have to try and make one myself. Thanks........... Curt

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Looking good Truckd
I like the first picture, be nice to find handle bars like them. The fender braces have a sepperate little tab to bolt to rear axel. Green and cream will be KOOOL.......Curt

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
The Warrior is going to have a BTR application, these will be the handle bars I'll use they are Voodoo Scorchers don't know if I'll polish them or powder coat them the same color as the bike ?

Been having a VERY! hard time trying to find someone who can thread down the steer tube as the head tube is only 4" and I need 5 1/2" on the steer tube for the head set, I have been to every bike shop out here, machinist, plumber and auto mechanic, I want to mock the bike up but can't because of this dilemma, was thinking of using a set of Monark Springer's or using the original style fork just got a set in yesterday nice and all the deminsions are there but I need the steer tube threaded down DOH! I could buy a die but they are very expensive for a one time use.

Attachments

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
This is a starting platform for what I want to do this is someone else's bike but it will kind of show what direction I am going I will have a lot of different components but more or less the same platform

Attachments

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
So the Harley in the 1st pic is kinda the base for my design but I still want to leave a Rollfast look to it as well, I haven't figured which forks I'll use yet as either set will need steer tube modifications the green forks have truss rods and tunnel bracket and of course Harley Green for the color.

Attachments

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Well today I picked up my modified forks that were cut and welded to fit the 4" head tube so now I did a little mock up.

The last pic is for those who are Missing the Indian in front of the Fire Place LOL!

Attachments

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Now onto a little engine work, I bought an engine from Neil Senior after buying a Not So Good engine from a supposed Notable Dealer ( that starts with the letter "D" ) and let me tell ya something this engine is Cool! so how do you make a Cool engine even Cooler ? do some porting, get some high quality components and modify the piston (Just a Bit !)
Ramped and skirted, skirt pic is at TDC top of piston is a DBC and of course some nice Gun metal High Gloss VHT Engine Paint.

Attachments

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Ok a little Mock up progress report, I've always had a vision with this type of Camel Back Framed bicycles and this one is taking shape nicely, no down loop but it's taking a very nice BTR appeal.

check out pic's 1 & 2

Attachments

Last edited:

agcat111

Mar 28, 2013
Utah
Making thihgs cool, yup that brings up some info. One fact is that air cooled little 2 strokers can run hot and kill engine life. I think I found something that will help.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
That looks BAD A$$ truckd! But uhhh. You goanna be able to git a spark plug between the motor and lower top tube? Im a watchin :)

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Thanks! Velo I have always wanted to one of these bikes and I have found a new fabricator (since the old one, you know who took a crap on me) for the tank and I'm Going to have to go with this head I was going to use a Fred head 6.5 cc slant head but as you see it is just to tall and this even though it is a center fire head the edges are rounded and gives good clearance plug actually sits about 1/2" below the center Bar.
Surprisingly the bike isn't crampy no knees and elbows banging together I like this bike.
I like yer bike too WOW how Freak'n Awesome!

Attachments

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I buttoned up the engine and let me tell Ya it has A lot! of compression and I haven't even fired it yet, I'll post pic's tomorrow.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Just doing a little fitting today here is a list of thing's to do
Size and align chains
shorten and curve the SS intake manifold tube
swap carb jets from #60 to #65
get a shorter plug
make custom cables and housing
re-design truss rods brackets
re-configure curve of exhaust pipe from left to right similar to the way the Indian was.
design and fabricate a faux crank case

Attachments

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
That is my friends a 6.0 cc BMW Head wanted to use a Fred head but it just wouldn't fit in the frame but this is a High Quality component as well.