Hard starting back tire slide sometimes...

GoldenMotor.com

wan37

May 29, 2011
Illinois
yes pull start is impossible to pull,so took it off.I would like to have it on there.I also have it locking of the rear tire try to pedal start.It doesn't lock all the time just more than I like.Can I adjust something.Oh it's a newer bgf z280.Thanks

wan37

May 29, 2011
Illinois
So nobody has any comments.I can get it to turn the engine over but sometimes it locks back tire and it just slide when trying to start and setting on seat.Just hoping the more I try starting it will get easier.Please let me me know either way.

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Shouldn't be that hard. If the cylinder is flooding with fuel...it could become hydro locked. Trying to start an engine in this state can be detrimental to the engine. Just something to check. Best way to check is by removing the spark plug. If it turns over easy with the plug removed then that would tend to make me think the cylinder is getting flooded with fuel.

wan37

May 29, 2011
Illinois
I would like to put the pull start back on, so the shift weight is what I do to pedal start but the pull start is to hard tho.Any other suggestion would help.

gubba

Dec 29, 2008
jacksonville, florida
i had the same problem.... i had to peddle HARD when i let out the clutch AND ten minutes later the side plates were so hot my wet finger would sizzle.
at 400 miles the piston did a hard seize. i finally managed to get the jug off and the casting seams had never been removed!
the dealer claimed a 6 month warranty but said this was not covered, just buy another moter!

stay dry
gubba

wan37

May 29, 2011
Illinois
If you can decrease the engine compression a bit you'll end up with slightly easier starting. Kind of a wonky way to do it, but 2 headgaskets might do the trick.
I'll get some head gaskets next time I order.I'll try that Aleman, thanks..

Last edited:

dragray

Mar 10, 2012
Indiana
man, all i have to do is coast about 10 feet and pop the clutch on both of my bikes to get them running.
I never pedal either one of them.
If i wanted to pedal, i wouldn't have put engines on my bikes.

wan37

May 29, 2011
Illinois
Dragray thats how my 48cc skyhawk is with a cns carb is I got it dial in.I got this engine from BGF it's a 80cc I had so many issues with it.First thing was seal was bad on the magneto side from the start,second thing was the spring in nt speed carb was binding up keeping the idle up.Third thing was the gas wasn't vented right had to drill a hole in gas cap.So i'm trying to get it dailed in so I'll try the 2 head gasket thing to see if it works.I can pick the back tire up on the 48cc with cns and kick the pedal a half turn and she fires right up no choke either.