story lines free to use

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
For fun, I write short stories & books. Have a bunch of unwritten ideas that ya can have if ya want em and please feel free to add your own.

Scifi thing;

Extraterrestrials land on earth to extract salt water. As it is a biz thing, they don't care about the animals living here. (us or the environment)

So they shoot the pests (us) when they interfere with the extraction process. All the earth unites trying to repel the invaders who come to think of the epic battle we fight as sport and humanity is losing the fight.

The aliens not only are leading the planet to ruin as they empty the oceans to make a health drink for sale. But create a tourist stop for people hunters and set up B&Bs to hunt defenders.

No zombies but the last batch of surviving Earth-ers do guerilla attacks on MBs. The last batch of opti-1 causes a coup........

r.ly.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Shoot it heavy on the "James Cameron" type realism, with the 1950s public service films type monotony, keeping the effects to a minimum. Likely adding a layer of creepiness to a story that is not necessarily so. Get away from the Predator comparisons thru nuts and bolts story-telling and movie making.
But this from the guy listening to Metallicas' classic; Kill 'em All :eek:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I love writing, - I think of it as painting with words. :)
What a lovely phrasing, Wheel Woman. With what you say (always kind and supportive of folks) You phrase things in just that fashion. In a manner that sadly seems to be out of fashion, of late.

I really mean that dear one. You be fun to read, yo. [snork]

I envy that. With a convoluted thought process, just can't paint that melodiously. And you really do, and to great ends.

====================================

Great point SB.

I keep thinking it was Robert Frost, but think I'm wrong, who said; "I think I have every &*^*# coma in the right place" Just always thought that funny as I almost never know where they should go.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I'm not sure about the Robert Frost quotation, but my favorite is from the Greek playwright Aristophanes who said, "If it ain't one damned thing, it's another". -The Birds (So true...)
SB

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Dan, I rather like that story idea you've dreamed up. But I couldn't be the one to flesh it out. It wouldn't feel like mine. So I will watch this thread and see if you later decide to pick it up and run with it. You could come up with a Mad Max-like character for the motorized bike genre.
And, yes, if Anne speaks as beautifully as she writes, such must certainly be lovely to hear. Probably more so than my own voice. I write in what seems to me a very proper and rigid fashion. I'm anal retentive about what I put down sometimes. But coming from a family of German immigrants and being raised in the sticks of Mansfield among factory workers who moved up there mostly from West Virginia, my own speech seems to sound like a cross between kitchen Bavarian and redneck Appalachian. I took public speaking courses in college because I wanted to be less self conscious about the train wreck that tumbles out of my mouth.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
My all time favorite variation on that one, SB, is from a cartoon with a mental health provider saying "if it's not one thing, it's the Mother.." Still funny in my head.

======================================

Always enjoyed reading you, Allen. I would describe it as direct, sincere and susenct.

LOL! notice the 5 commas where 3 were probably enough. Sheesh. English, four 2's. No waiting. (Now 6 commas and 2, two, to & too parentheses)((now 8))

========================================

Fun thread. You folks never disappoint!

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I once had a Welshman tell me I didn't talk like an Englishman; many English seem afraid of words and the flow and power of them.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
No takers on the movie idea huh? Guess we'll have to flush it out first.
How about going in the direction of Frank Herbert? Less Sci, and more Fi. Shroud the whole thing in a 'fahrenheit 451' type world, where the usual is so unusual to the reader.
There's alot of potential here.
Listening to Aretha Franklin today... I wonder if that matters? ;)

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I can see the potential for some high drama with the guerrilla attacks via motorbikes... having to stop for repairs due to misaligned rear sprocket, CG motors vibrating loose and arguments between the commanders over the mix ratio with Opti-2. "100-1, are you crazy! That's suicide!". The guerrilla attacks could be with real gorillas incorporating an alliance with Planet of the Apes. Lots of possibilities here.
SB

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I love writing, - I think of it as painting with words. :)
In the case of our story line it might be likened to writing with crayons or as Anne might say, "finger painting with words". Ha!

I'm thinking that somehow the Moped Army might find a place in our script. "Swarm and destroy" as a rallying cry. Some of those Russian steam punk trikes, too. This could be big, I'm telling you. An alliance of world wide websites coming together to save the world as we know it.
SB

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Of the many varying degrees of funny, the highest has to be snorking liquid from one's nose.
(LOL Lud. Ya got me typing in an english accent that I can't do in person)

I've killed keyboards that way and one laptop. Beer thru the nose is just wrong!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Way back, I said some thing about a MB army coming over a rise with an annoying buzzing sound.

Goat Herder replied; "FREEDOM!" From BraveHeart. Think that was the one that got the laptop...

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Well then...

It had been nearly two hundred cycles of of this worlds sun since the first collectors arrived. Glar wasn't sure he could still make a living collecting the salt-rich waters, with all the competition, sabotage, and depletion of the resource. But the growing sporting industry seemed interesting.
There were bills to pay, after all. Trips home to visit family and friends, the costs of academy for the children. It was getting harder every day. And there were still plenty of those disgusting animals buzzing around on their machines.
Yes, he thought, I must diversify. With a landing station and a lodge, it would be possible. Hadn't he himself hunted many of those crafty beasts? And if people were willing to pay to help manage the wildlife, all the better for his collection business.