About this kit off piston bikes

GoldenMotor.com

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
Has anybody tried this kit? Is it any good/better than these china girls, ht kits? I know its pretty much the same except a little different in design and the plastic covers. I know these u don't mix the oil with the gas. Does it climb hills decently?

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
I don't see the kit your talking about in your post. I know that piston bikes sells grubee kits, and some by Jet. From the sounds of it your referring to the 4 stroke kit. That is a Huasheng 49cc with a grubee 4g belt drive transmission.

Vistaman73

Chat Box Junkie
Nov 29, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas
That is their 4 stroke kit. It's OK but if you're looking for the best 4 stroke it, one you will almost never have to work on, go with the EZ Motorbike Kit. Best kit you can buy. They are fast too. EZ MOTORBIKE COMPANY :) The kit you listed, has the Honda clone and not the best belt drive system. Ask azbill, he has over 10k on his EZ kit.

Mozenrath

Jan 13, 2011
California
If you're looking to climb hills, you might as well go with an 80cc/66cc engine kit. A 49cc will probably do just fine, but you might as well go all the way if you're planning on ascending hills.

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
Yeah, i already have a 80/66. Iwant a 49cc that is under 2hp for my next build. I'd like to get a 49cc friction drive, except i cant find one that is 49cc and under 2hp. Staton doesn't have a 49cc that is under 2 hp. Thatsdax doesn't have a anything that is 50cc and under 2 hp. Friction drive seems to last longer, even if u go thru tires like my family goes thru gallons of milk.

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
I've been thinking about doing that. Would i need to do any welding or fabricating? Cuz i don't have a welder, and don't have skill for fabricating. I can improvise though.

organgrinder

Jul 27, 2011
baton rouge
Yup got mine the other day a complete pos. Many pars missing not as ddiscrbed.
I have tried to contact them several times. No Luck. If you need a 25lb boat anchor they are your people. This is my fith MB I build for a few people to help supplemeant my wife cancer meds now im $220 in the hole and weeks beh ind schedule. Thanks piston bike