Headlight Question.

GoldenMotor.com

jtgolden

May 31, 2011
United States
I bought a headlight that wires up to the magneto. It works, but its not very bright. Is there a better bulb I could buy or does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks
JT

OLDmanAXEL

Jul 20, 2011
spartanburg sc
i bought a 12volt light from advanced auto and a 5 pound battery the kind you mix your self. its bright, very bright and if you can find a place to mount your battery i strongly suggest it. dont forget to charge the battery periodically though. is should last around 3 or more hours at a time and you can wire in an on/off switch

Texhun

Aug 2, 2011
Rosebud Texas
Dude check out cygolites there are AWESOME!!!! yeh mine was $135.00 but man it was worth it. Mine is the RoverII it has two 25watt LEDs its bright.

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
I just wired up a 35Watt utility light and a dry cell battery from eBay, the kind that are used in security lights. It works great but it's only a 2.2Ah battery so I'll only get about 30 minutes ride time before having to recharge it.

OLDmanAXEL

Jul 20, 2011
spartanburg sc
my setup was 26 for the battery and 11 for the light. i had some wire at home already. if you want a switch there are several to pick and choose from

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
ok, I'll contribute the other way...

Besides being a cheapskate, skinflint, tightwad, I GOT no budget.

Harbor Freight has some 9led flashlights that use 3 AAA batteries on sale for $3 or $4 a PAIR. They are surprisingly bright ! but probably not up to the standards you fellows are talking about... just sayin...
rc

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I just wired up a 35Watt utility light and a dry cell battery from eBay, the kind that are used in security lights. It works great but it's only a 2.2Ah battery so I'll only get about 30 minutes ride time before having to recharge it.
I use something similiar, a 12v, 35watt lamp and a 7.5 ah SLA battery. I can get a solid 90 minutes of bright light. More night riding than I typically do. I also run a tiny little tail light and brake light from the same battery.
On another bike I have a giant 55watt head light that lights up the road like a motorcycle. The same size, 7.5ah battery will give me about an hour of good light.
Tom

Nikko

Jun 23, 2011
So Cal
are headlights just a positive and negative battery connection? some having 2 positives for highbeam?
i want to run a headlight directly to my 12v battery

Last edited:

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama