Grubee Starfire SuperRat Engine Kit!

GoldenMotor.com

phoobarnvaz

Oct 28, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
yes i will for sure! i wanna see this thing, i was "retarted" happy when the parcel got here, my girl friend told me to calm down. she helped me un box it after yelling at here to help..... Just sucks ill be waiting much more now, such a big screw up in my opinion..
Make sure you snap some pix as you unbox. Am interested to see what's in each box...rather than the "group" pix the vendor provides.

Great to hear it sounds like they're going to do right by you. Can't wait to see your build pix!

demac

Mar 8, 2010
Canada, Ontario, Brampton
I was trying look for my camera the first time, ill have it ready for next one. but there are no individual boxes in side the one in the gt5 kit., all the stuff was in like a 1/2\ box of the normal size. and alll the parts were packed in the box like tuna can. not a sardine there pack much nicer.

phoobarnvaz

Oct 28, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I was trying look for my camera the first time, ill have it ready for next one. but there are no individual boxes in side the one in the gt5 kit., all the stuff was in like a 1/2\ box of the normal size. and alll the parts were packed in the box like tuna can. not a sardine there pack much nicer.
WOW! My Flying Horse was packed in an outer box with all the components packed in individual boxes inside this box.

Let us know what happens with the 2nd one. I...for one...am wanting to see it when you put it and get it together.

gubba

Dec 29, 2008
jacksonville, florida
am i missing something???
the grubee website clearly states "Starfire Superrat" and all of the posts are saying "Skyhawk SR"
also.... grubee gives a history account of the "super Rat" being a GEN III with a steel sleeve!!!

what gives....lol

stay dry
gubba

Vistaman73

Chat Box Junkie
Nov 29, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas
Generally, the Starfire is the 48cc, the Skyhawk is the 80cc, both have SuperRat (SR) Editions. (Even though both types have several engine sizes, they just have different features.) :)

oldtimer54

May 15, 2010
On a bike
Ya sorry to say but this is how gasbike seems to work? (if ya can call what they do WORK) I decided to order a motor from BGF (again). Should be here in a few days. Time to port match, clean up casting, lap the jug, lap the head and PRAY this one lasts longer then the last one lol!!! I decided I needed a backup motor so I would have one to ride on and one to work on wink. Good luck hope it works out.

demac

Mar 8, 2010
Canada, Ontario, Brampton
Thanks oldtimer54, how long did your other motor last, i sold all of my old bikes there still running, we all run very rich oil too, 24:1. so are you getting the super Rat gt5? if you are you really got to take some pictures? :p im sure ill be waiting alot longer.

oldtimer54

May 15, 2010
On a bike
No Iam getting a Z2 80BK slanthead. (what ever the h that is?) Got two rides out of the last one. Just about the time the rings set the clutch started slipping and the more I tried to fix it the more lost I got lol. Ill fix the old one I have, just need a few new tools to replace the one I broke trying to fix it.

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
oldtimer the only bgf / leb motor to get is the x80 kits they are def proven here h280 too same thing the bk stands for black and if you need a clutch i got you

Rockenstein

Feb 8, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Wasn't happy at all with the last 2 PK's I purchased...both had cranks that were beyond helping. Might try a flying horse kit since getting a Grubee up here is such a pain.

phoobarnvaz

Oct 28, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
oldtimer the only bgf / leb motor to get is the x80 kits they are def proven here h280 too same thing the bk stands for black and if you need a clutch i got you
You have a link I can head over to?

Having had a Flying Horse with electrical problems...(sold it to a buddy of mine for an ignition lock for my car)...am looking for a new engine that will last longer than the 2 months I had with this Flying Horse.

On the other hand...the guy I sold the engine to has had a Grubee 48 he did his best to test out/tear up...but is still running. That being the case...was thinking it's worth the money if it can keep me running.