Stock Grubee GT5 carb question

GoldenMotor.com

Mighty_Max

Nov 20, 2013
Wisconsin
I'm relatively new to 2 stroke engines and as far as i know the carb should have a plunger bulb (tickle button) to prime the carb and suck fuel into it but as far as i can see there doesnt appear to be one. Where i would expect to see one there is just a male fitting for a hose with a 4" plastic tube attached. There are also 2 more of this fitting on the other side of the carb that also have plastic tubes attached. I just finished building it and tightening the chains today and havent fired it up yet.

I have the Grubee Skyhawk GT5 2012 edition all stock accept for the shift kit from Sickbikeparts.com.

How do I prime this thing? What do I do with the plastic tubes?

Mighty_Max

Nov 20, 2013
Wisconsin
I decided to prime it the old fashioned way and turn it over a few times and that worked, but after a few minutes of dicking around with the carb i found that what i thought was the idle adjust screw was actually a bleed valve for the fuel line. unscrew it and it fills right up and the lower tube is the dump line.

That aside, i finally had my first powered run and it was amazing! With the shift kit on i was actually able to pass cars on the street, although i didnt have enough of a straight away to put it in 7th gear for a top speed test. Cold weather didnt seam to be much of a hinderance to the engine (45 F).

Also, what are the other tubes for? And the idle screw doesnt seam to be spring loaded and its inset. I had read a suggestion from someone to attach it to the bike with a piece of wire but i dont think i can. I'm afraid that at somepoint it will just fall out and ill be out of luck. Here's a picture.

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
The brass cap should be drilled/pulled out as that is the idle air mixture screw. When properly set, it will give you much better throttle response off idle. The hoses are just vents, I'd cut them shorter but leave them.