The way I roll

GoldenMotor.com

Fizzbane

Apr 4, 2010
Canada
This is my 2nd build and my main mode of transportation around town. I have hit 60km/h, which is what I wanted. I got the rear gas tank from silverbear and absolutely love it. It blends right in. I have gotta say, I love this hobby. ;)

I just swapped over to an E3.10 spark plug, it is a small spark plug cuz jim's head requires it, HOLY CRAP! I had an NGK B7S in there before and nothing can compare to this new E3 spark plug. BUY ONE.

I have a few things to fix here and there but for the most part this is how she is and I love her. If you see anything that doesnt look right, please let me know. Thanks for checking it out!

Attachments

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I have to admit, it's pretty cool to see something I made on a bike I've never seen before. Glad you like the tank. Your bike looks good. I'm in the middle of fitting up my SBP exhaust on my build and am routing mine under the pedal crank. I like the way you ran yours which is different I think from any other I've seen. The bike looks good and like it means business. Did you mean 60 KPH???? Even that is faster than I want to go!
SB

Fizzbane

Apr 4, 2010
Canada
Thank you silverbear. I appreciate the compliments. I absolutely love the look of the tank on my bike, its a perfect match. Have you figured out a genius way to check the gas level? I just look in and its hard for me to judge.

I havent seen anyone else fit their SBP exhaust like mine either... Which has me wondering if it will function to its fullest ability. but it fits nicely and just clears the peddles. I couldnt get it to fit under the peddles, plus that is where my kickstand is.

60km/h, 60KPH = same thing :D I just want to keep up with traffic, cars swerving around me makes me feel uneasy, almost been hit a few times because of it.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Indeed - and in that configuration you'll not need to worry about condensation buildup in the "belly" of the chamber. Running it underslung as I do, I need clean out the goo about once a season (hot & cold cycles cause water to form in the inside of the pipe which gets "mixed" with residual oil & carbon), it's not a huge problem (two tablespoons a year lol) but you'll not have it at all (^)

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Yes, I saw that wrong... thought you said 60 mph. So what is 60 kph, about 45 mph, isn't it? I had a 41 Ford panel truck once (sweet) which I had swapped speedometers with a working one from another old Ford pickup and it always read wrong. Said 60 when I was doing 45 and about 90 meant I was going 60, so I told myself it was in kilometers.
Regarding the tank. On the one I'm using right now I have a sight gauge that uses two fittings of very small diameter copper pipe as found on thermocouple units for gas heaters with very small diameter clear hose between, so I can tell how much gas is in there. I wasn't too sure how well it would work so didn't want to sell them that way until I knew, but so far so good. Seeing in there is not so easy. Dipstick? Small flashlight? I suspect lighting a match would be a bad idea. Next winter I think there will be a second generation juice tank with vented cap and sight gauge, but not to worry... think of yourself as a pioneer.
I looked at your pipe configuration again and it won't work on the Worksman build I have going on right now. So I will go with it under the crank. How do you like your shift kit, any problems?
Barely...
Goo? Pipe goo? Nobody tole me about no pipe goo! As Aristophanes said, "If it ain't one damned thing, it's another). Now this. Maybe with Opti-2 there will be no goo. (Hey, that rhymes, a pome.) You already have 3,000 miles on the Rollfast? Wow, you not only roll fast, you roll far. That has turned out to be a good investment in alternative transportation. When you think in terms of "instead of a car" with great gas economy, no insurance premiums, what's a thousand dollars buy you in a car? Your shift kit will no doubt extend the life of your engine, don't you think? We'll have to keep tabs and see who gets the record for most miles on a China Girl. Or most kilometers...
SB

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
laff

Not to worry Silver, the "goo" is a very minor issue with the underslung exhaust, a shot of the ol' carb cleaner & tipping the bike back once a season outa take care of it w/o even needing to pull the pipe... and even that "two tablespoons" was after about 6000 miles on the poor Schwinn (I stole it's SBP pipe for the Rollfast) ;)

Yea - It's funny how quickly the miles rack up, I ride every day regardless of weather... tho come winter the Rollfast will get put up in the nice warm basement and the Schwinn will hit the road again, I can't bear the thought of our road salt & my vintage ride. I do tend to ride the shiftkit bike longer & further... part of that is ofc because it's a comfy cruiser instead of a mountain bike, but it's also true that w/the shiftkit I'm running a lower RPM at speed so it's quieter & smoother... and will prolly help with engine longevity - tho it might be true I wind her out to go way too fast as well... mebbe o.o *innocent look*

Fizzbane

Apr 4, 2010
Canada
SB,

I had a few problems installing my shift kit, but now that SBP has the new style i know that 3/4 of my problems wouldnt even be an issue. I absolutely love my shift kit, it makes my bike so much more enjoyable. I did however chew through an old derailer, but it needed replacing. Shift kit = best purchase I made for my bicycle (besides the engine itself).

I needed a tank. Im happy with my purchase and the product you made. I may try to rig up a float of some sort inside the tank. If need be, I'll buy another tank later. (Maybe that will encourage another build :) )

Barelyawake,

Goo? huh...so that is that kinda wet stuff that is on the bottom of my pipe...glad it is coming out rather than stayin in. Im using Opti-2 oil so its pretty good but it has a slight tack to it still, atleast its coming out on its own.

What is a good size of header pipe on a 66cc motor? I hit 60kph (37mph) but only on a good day. im wondering if the header might be affecting high speeds.

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
This is my 2nd build and my main mode of transportation around town. I have hit 60km/h, which is what I wanted. I got the rear gas tank from silverbear and absolutely love it. It blends right in. I have gotta say, I love this hobby. ;)

I just swapped over to an E3.10 spark plug, it is a small spark plug cuz jim's head requires it, HOLY CRAP! I had an NGK B7S in there before and nothing can compare to this new E3 spark plug. BUY ONE.

I have a few things to fix here and there but for the most part this is how she is and I love her. If you see anything that doesnt look right, please let me know. Thanks for checking it out!
lmao i mentioned the e3 10 weeks ago do you really think you gained that much? i just noticed it runs cleaner

Fizzbane

Apr 4, 2010
Canada
lol. YOU were the one that mentioned it. I looked it up, seemed harmless enough to try, i wanted to change plugs anyways. I found that i gained more power and quicker starts from it compared to my NGK plugs. I have a quicker pull to my high rpms and im getting higher rpms, (not much higher). Maybe it is just my imagination but this is how it seems to me. I am never going back.

I got mine at Canadian tire.

Go here: Spark Plugs | Automotive Spark Plug | Motorcycle Spark Plugs | E3 Spark Plugs

The links at the top right will tell you where you can buy them.