20" Micargi mags

GoldenMotor.com

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
I found this wheelset on eBay for $105 with shipping. They feel very solid for a swoop design but then again,this is my favorite style. The description is very lacking on these wheels.

#1. Both wheels have freewheel threads on the left side. I can only assume this is for front and rear disc conversions so that's what I'm going to do.

#2. No where does it say they are manufactured by Micargi.

#3. In order to use the disc side the spokes must face forward.

#4. They have sealed bearings.

#5. The wheels from a Genesis Torrid that will be going on an old school small tube Murray bmx frame.

More to come and there will be a thread in the tavern in a few days with the bikes I'm about to be running.

Attachments

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Bairdco told me that 16" moped tires would fit on a 20" bicycle wheel so it should work.

One more thing about the wheelset. The valve holes are unfinished on the outside and are for presta valves or just need to be bored out. That's what I'm gonna do.

And if your slick,you could run these on a shift kit. Maybe only 3 or 4 gears though.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
I just thought about it. You mean are they for a moped? I doubt it,the box says 20" alloy wheels on it and they have 3/8" axles.

Last edited: