Eager to start my first build, Will this work well?

GoldenMotor.com

Annath15

Jul 10, 2012
Pa
I was running an errand for work and saw a decent looking tire sticking out of a pile of garbage on the curb. I removed the bags of garbage and found this guy minus a front wheel.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mountain-Dew-Do-the-Dew-Promo-Mountain-Bicycle-Bike-MTB-Zoom-Shock-Shimano-SIS-/290733392620?pt=Mountain_Bikes&hash=item43b10f82ec#ht_2378wt_641

It is exactly like that bike, all the components are the same. (minus the front wheel) It even had the right and left wheel stickers on it. it didn't look like it was ever used.

Going by those pictures, do you think I can put a China Girl on it? The bottom tube is quite large.

I can upload some photo's of mine when I get home.

Thank you!

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
If that $1,900 price tag on the auction is realistic, I would sell your bike in a heartbeat!

Take the profit and buy yourself a new bike, motor, shift kit, and performance upgrades!

But if you want to go with that bike for your build, looks like it would be pretty tight for an in-frame HT.

There is a template from Zoom Bicycles that you can download and print out to help see if it would fit:

Last edited:

Annath15

Jul 10, 2012
Pa
If that $1,900 price tag on the auction is realistic, I would sell your bike in a heartbeat!
Somehow, I doubt it. =P

I have to wait until I get home to measure it.

There is a template from Zoom Bicycles that you can download and print out to help see if it would fit
Thanks, I was looking for this last night but the link was dead. ^_^

If it turns out I can't use that frame I will end up selling it and using a Schwinn road bike I found a few weeks back, it just needs a new paint job.

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I can't find it but there are a few posts on the room you need inside the frame. (diagrams) But 19 inch seat tube should be more then enough. I only hesitate because of the shape of of the V and tubes.

Any body know? I am sure BlowByU did one and there have been a few others

I am gonna go to PA for some dumpster diving and bike searching! lol