gel cell placement?

GoldenMotor.com

bbb

Sep 2, 2008
S Man Canada
I am starting my 1st bike project...a chromed stretched low rider beach cruiser and just got the WE BL-36 kit with 3-12v 12ah/20hr batteries.
Do not want to mount them on a rack...would like to hide them. Can they be mounted in any position, on end/etc?
Thought about saddle bags, but it still isn't a clean set up.
What would be a comparable smaller higher end battery setup thats reasonable?

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
What kind of batteries are they? If they are NiCad, LiPo, or gell cells, you can mount them any which way.
I did not realize until just now we were in the presence of a freaking Genius Visionary!!!! Who did you pay off to get that stuck under your name there "Sparky"??? Walter F.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I am actually a self employed genius visionary, but that wouldn't fit, so I had to go with the short version.

bbb

Sep 2, 2008
S Man Canada
Sorry...left out the most important part of info...they are lead acid gell cells.
3.75'' X 4'' X 6'' each...3 of them.

bbb

Sep 2, 2008
S Man Canada
Got her together and test drove it a couple of times...what a blast...what will i power the next one with?
Having a leather bag made to hold the cells and then they will be right side up...now they are upside down held in place with zip ties and book binding tape.

Attachments

bbb

Sep 2, 2008
S Man Canada
No speedo on it yet and only been thru 3 charges and it seems to be getting better...i woulg guess about 20 mph according to the traffic with almost 300 lbs of dead weight/rider.