Nearly killed for 10 feet of road.

GoldenMotor.com

Black_Moons

Oct 25, 2010
Canada, Bc
Here I was, biking 10' behind the car infront of me in the middle of the right lane, at about 15kph, red light about 20' ahead.

All of a sudden this 12' long truck comes up next to me.. Ok fine whatever, Hes not got a signal on, Must be comming up in the lane to the next light...

WRONG, the $#@#er cuts me off without signaling making me SLAM on the brakes to avoid being sideswiped. Clearly he saw me or he would'nt of gotten so damn close to the car infront of me that he nearly rear ended it.

Nearly killed me to get 10 god damn feet of road. Thats how little these scumbag crazy ass drivers consider life worth.

And ya know how far ahead that got him in his turn right lane? NOTHING! I past the m@!#%# @#$@er on the sidewalk as he was waiting for traffic to clear, And he wasent even able to pass me untill I turned down a sidestreet.

Im going to the bike shop now and buying thier 140db air horn, Next ass who pisses me off is gonna know about it.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
I went on a pedal ride in Long Beach a couple of weeks ago with over a hundred other bikes. One guy had an air horn and it was plenty loud. I'm getting one, and another mirror.

reb1

Aug 15, 2010
CALIFORNIA
At the first sign of somebody looking like they may want my space or cut me off I yell wake up. I know they see me at this point and if they insist I bring out the hammer hanging on the hammer hook on my handlebars. It has a three pound head on it and just the sight of this will usually make them drop back behind me to make that all important lane change or turn. I use a mirror that attaches to my glasses. This allows me to scan more of the road. There is a big difference between someone who missed seeing you and some perp who intentionally feels the need to prove they are bigger and badder.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Hey mirror on the glasses have not gave that any thought it would be pretty nice for on the fly viewing.

bitsnpieces

Dec 9, 2010
Melbourne, AUS
I'm very lucky at the moment there aren't people trying to cut me off like that; people here try to avoid cyclists.

There will be a few who rather than merging into the other lane more to give space for cyclists, will only shift a little, driving past real close to the cyclist.

I think it comes down to finding good roads with lots of space too, given that no jerks are around at that time.

Will be getting a mirror for my helmet soon so this will definitely help with the lane mergers and all much better too, and knowing if there's a jerk coming up or not beforehand.

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
Here I was, biking 10' behind the car infront of me in the middle of the right lane, at about 15kph, red light about 20' ahead.

All of a sudden this 12' long truck comes up next to me.. Ok fine whatever, Hes not got a signal on, Must be comming up in the lane to the next light...

WRONG, the $#@#er cuts me off without signaling making me SLAM on the brakes to avoid being sideswiped. Clearly he saw me or he would'nt of gotten so damn close to the car infront of me that he nearly rear ended it.

Nearly killed me to get 10 god damn feet of road. Thats how little these scumbag crazy ass drivers consider life worth.

And ya know how far ahead that got him in his turn right lane? NOTHING! I past the m@!#%# @#$@er on the sidewalk as he was waiting for traffic to clear, And he wasent even able to pass me untill I turned down a sidestreet.

Im going to the bike shop now and buying thier 140db air horn, Next ass who pisses me off is gonna know about it.
just wait until a car of drunks come by throwing bottles and fire crackers ect. dummys everywhere