Is this Hub Adapter a good one ?

GoldenMotor.com

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Why would you want to make a hub adapter when you can
buy a custom hub adapter from Manic Mechanic?

Manic Mechanic's adapter is superior in every way to that one.

TANGO

May 26, 2011
IL
Like a Lot of the Parts for these Bikes they are out of stock and there is a Back Order List on the Manic Mechanic adapters . So this is the only one I could Find . But when Looking at it I think it's made stronger and has more sprocket mounting holes . I guess I will let you know how it works out . I would rather have a part that needs a bit of honing then one that fits Lose . Have to see how it works out right out the Box . On that Manic Mechanic adapter they show in stock till you go to check out with it then you get the Sorry call us / Back order -> Nice ! The one I ordered was shipped free as well .

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Like a Lot of the Parts for these Bikes they are out of stock and there is a Back Order List on the Manic Mechanic adapters . So this is the only one I could Find . But when Looking at it I think it's made stronger and has more sprocket mounting holes . I guess I will let you know how it works out . I would rather have a part that needs a bit of honing then one that fits Lose . Have to see how it works out right out the Box . On that Manic Mechanic adapter they show in stock till you go to check out with it then you get the Sorry call us / Back order -> Nice ! The one I ordered was shipped free as well .
Where were you ordering the MM part?
I was not talking about the few stock sizes that Manic Mechanic
sells through dealers like Pirate cycles or Piston Bikes.

OK, so you paid $20 more for a part that you need to pay a
machinist to make it fit. Machinists will want as much as the
part cost to hone or bore it.

Why not start out with the correct custom sized adapter?

MM can not be out of stock as it is a new program to make
custom adapters as ordered directly from MM.
ORDER

You measure your hub then order so they fit perfectly for sizes
larger than 0.9"

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Gas Powered Bicycle Motor Clamshell Sprocket Adapter Large
Item #: CSL
Price: $65.00???? that's $20 more and doesn't even include shipping.
D. The CSL is designed so that it can be honed out to fit a larger hub if necessary. The honing can be done by a machine shop or you can do it your self with a drill and a grinding stone. Be sure to not grind out too much, just enough so that it still grips the hub.

E. As pointed out above, if the gas powered motorized bicycle clamshell does not fit your hub, some customers have had the hub milled or lathed out so that it would fit. Others grind out the CSL themselves, and still others have had a new hub laced into the wheel. Another remedy is to purchase another wheel for the bike so that the clamshell adapter can be used.
You don't have to do anything to the MM adapter except
bolt it on.
Manic Mechanic is now making custom sized hub adapters to fit
any hub that measures from a minimum diameter of 0.900"
to a maximum diameter of 1.770"

Check it out here.
CUSTOM ADAPTERS
Only $45 which includes Priority Mail and ships fast.

TANGO

May 26, 2011
IL
Yes I tried to order it from Pirate cycles they have none in stock for My Wheel Hub size . I have all kind's of Hones here . If I have to bring it up to size I can do that in the Garage not a Problem . I use to work on Guns a Lot you have to fit most of them parts as well and they call them Drop in Parts . And I am a Heavy Truck Mechanic coming up a 30 Years . Once I get that adapter and the 72 tooth Sprocket I will make it all work together and Post some Photos . I should spec one out and have it made up and sell them make some $$$ ? Ha-Ha

TANGO

May 26, 2011
IL
Thanks Flying for that Link . But I did get My Livefastmotors Hub adapter today . Great Folks to deal with Free shipping and fast to your door shipping . That part is excellent and Looks real Strong . Were Little honing will be needed it's within .005" of an inch . I want it to have a Slight crush fit to it . I don't have a Manic adapter in front of Me but I could not be happier with this one (-:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I love guessing games...
Unobtanium?

What ever it is there is way too much of it......
Looks like it was designed by a truck mechanic. LOL
Very beefy and extra strong.
The part was not designed in a CAD program and FEA
that's for sure.

brentemmons

Mar 28, 2011
Danbury N.H
I have 4 of these in service at this time and one I made for a kid ,he pulls wheelies with it and has pounded the heck out of his bike,the rim gave out before the addapter and he is on his second rim with the same addapter.They work well and are easy to set up,you just have to run there sprockets or make a jig to drill your own sprocket to fit.Nice people to deal with and free shipping.I know what they are made of but not telling..wee.

TANGO

May 26, 2011
IL
Clue is it's very Light in weight . I don't think it's something that you would Like because you have to do some minor fitting to it . But I am sure some of the Folks here don't mind doing that for a Quality Sprocket mounting .