still having major troubles...

GoldenMotor.com

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
the picture of my finger is the small bits whicg were all but welded to the piston head, and the others are of the damage done to both piston head and cylinder of jug...

...so I guess my question is; does anyone have an informed guess as to what this may have been, before I continue with a FULL tear down off this stubborn lil' so n' so?!?

Last edited:

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
once you take it all apart you going to try to rebuild it? You may be money ahead if you buy a replacement engine. Parts for these engine with the shipping can cost more than buying a new engine.
Your engine ate something by the looks of it. Not being able to look at it first hand that is only a guess.

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
once you take it all apart you going to try to rebuild it? You may be money ahead if you buy a replacement engine. Parts for these engine with the shipping can cost more than buying a new engine.
Your engine ate something by the looks of it. Not being able to look at it first hand that is only a guess.
thanks norm, yeh got a new puppy on the way- it's just the not figuring it out that buggs me, sounds like another guy's having bout the same problem as me:
http://motorbicycling.com/f3/help-sudden-stop-no-start-24680.html#post228571

...wonder if anyone will come up with a brilliant answer for him, or I'll actually get the time to finish tearing this one down & be able to help...?