make your own race fuel and cheap !! 100 octaine...

GoldenMotor.com

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
I wonder if anyone has ever tried running RC fuel in a china girl. Already mixed and ready for use in a 2 stroke. My gas RC truck and plane running on 30% nitro fuel both made over 1 hp with less than 8cc of engine displacement. A China girl would disintegrate at the RPM's an RC engine turns, might be fun though.
if you rechamber the head to have the correct squish band to run nitro...(it has a slower burn than regular gas) and upped the comp to over 14:1 .... and ran synthetic oil at a 25:1 to 32:1 mix... i cant see why not ?????

the extreem comp ratio would meen you would need a real good needle bearing and crank case seals, pluss a copper head gasket, and your motor would not last too long... would need to be rebuilt often, like after every race... but i bet it can be done just fine provided you build the motor to run on nitiro and do not expect it to last too long unless its tore down and inspected after every ride ...

one would want to run a little more oil than usual also say like 32 to 1 at least if your planning on turnning super high rpms, the more rpms you go the more oil is needed to maitain lubrication!!! so keeping all this in mind you would also have to tune your carb to run on this fuel, as it is less dense than gas it would require a smaller carb venturi and larger jets.... at least thats my theroy

Nevada

Nov 29, 2013
Reno, Nevada
if you rechamber the head to have the correct squish band to run nitro...(it has a slower burn than regular gas) and upped the comp to over 14:1 .... and ran synthetic oil at a 25:1 to 32:1 mix... i cant see why not ?????

the extreem comp ratio would meen you would need a real good needle bearing and crank case seals, pluss a copper head gasket, and your motor would not last too long... would need to be rebuilt often, like after every race... but i bet it can be done just fine provided you build the motor to run on nitiro and do not expect it to last too long unless its tore down and inspected after every ride ...

one would want to run a little more oil than usual also say like 32 to 1 at least if your planning on turnning super high rpms, the more rpms you go the more oil is needed to maitain lubrication!!! so keeping all this in mind you would also have to tune your carb to run on this fuel, as it is less dense than gas it would require a smaller carb venturi and larger jets.... at least thats my theroy
I hear ya bud. I don't know we'd ever get the kind of rpm's out of a China girl an RC engine does though. Some of those little suckers spin upwards of 35k RPM's. Too much reciprocating mass in a CG. You'd need a bomb disposal suit to keep the shrapnel from tearing you up. It would be a hellava ride though.

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
Hi rodgergendron1. In the chemical industry for the most part you're not paid so much for your labor as for knowing what your doing when handling chemicals. Gasoline vapors escape from a container while pouring indoors and can settle in a non-ventilated corner or area of a room for years, then become the source of an unknown chemical fire from static electricity or a cigarette lighter. Vapors have been known to travel 200 feet to an ignition source which could be a person checking out a new cigarette lighter that another employee brought to work.
I'm not sure about the exact amount of water that can be dissolved in ethanol gas in california before the water falls out of solution and forms a bottom layer. Is it about 0.5%? Straight gasoline without alcohol can hold about .05%? or less water before the water falls out of solution. Toluene or xylene can only hold around .030% water at room temperature and then the water starts layering out if more is added. My question is if you add 10%-30% xylene/toluene to california gas this will change the water solubility of the gasoline, and I beleive in some circumstances could cause a layer separation within the solution. Am I right about this rodgergendron1?
As a side note on safety, that moist rag with toluene in bairdco's pocket I'm sure was a serious rash or similar to a second degree burn or worse. The chemical with the most injuries is drain cleaner, lye or sodium hydroxide. If you get an acid on yourself, it burns and you neutralize and wash it off right away. That caustic soda in drain cleaner, people have been known to accidentally get splashed or sprayed and covered with that stuff, then they remove their clothes and shower good to remove all the chemical, then re-use the same belt. At the end of the shift the person has second and third degree burns around the waist where the belt line is because the sodium hydroxide itches and irritates and dissolves your skin slowly, it doesn't burn right away and stays in contact with the skin for hours. Thankyou.

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
Well I think I'm gona wait until Saturday when I've gota ride from my apt. Manager buddy and we'll stop at Cheap-o-depot and buy a new 5 gallon jug to go with my 1&2 gallon jugs then drive out to south St.Louis county to a Phillips 66 Station and pump myself 8 gallons on
LEADED ETHEL 110 Octane at $6.79 per gallon versus the risk of getting myself sick and blowing myself up!!!!
LMAO
laff

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
Vp baby! Roger, i havent seen toulene for sle in 10 plus yrs. Ive been running vp motorsport 103 with redmax syn castor blend with great results. Im gonna go shoot some vid post it later have a good one!

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
Hey with a 5cc chamber and a tight piston squish running a .4mm head gasket I am getting slightly over 13:1 comp on my dax 70cc.... 4.7cm bore and 4.0cm stroke, I get detonation with 93 octaine. I tried running husqurvana premix 50:1 95oct and the detonation went away till higher rpms, I have no source of real race gas around here so I improvized.

With a mix of 93 oct and 30% xylene, I get about 100 oct. Its probably a little more oct than I need but hey its been worki.g great. The detonation is gone and I havea crisper throttle responce, the bike runs great and after hundreds of miles the plug looks fine and the cylinder is good. So I keep runing it.

As for the seperation of water in the fuel due to the addition of xylene I havent noticed. I usually filter the gas first through a coffie filter and believe it or not that is where I find the water droplets acuulating, they get tossed in the oil rag bucket outside and the little bit of wat er with it.

I would assume though that hou are correct... That is if there is water in your gas and it is disolved in to it max percentage the addition of xylene would force some of the water out due to seperation. And if you let the fuel sit for to long the water could pool and possibly ruin your motor..

I recomend mixing small batches at adound 20_25 %first and use it right after mixing. This would preventany possable water from having the time to seperate and pool up .

I came up with this mix out of nessesety when I decided I wanted to push the compression as high as I could on a china girl 13:1 static was as far as I wanted to take it and at that ratio I gotdetonation with 93..... There is no race gas where I live so I made my ownand it has beengood to me since I have been using it.

If youwant to know more just look up xylene race gas or toulene race gas or even google diy race gas, you will find a hundred recapies thatall call for themix of xylene or toulene to 93 oct and some of those recipes date back 50 years early dragracing days . Most also call for the addition of a cylinder lubricant like marvel mystery oil or even tranny fluid!!!!