Anyone had experience with the 212cc kit from king's?

GoldenMotor.com
Jul 5, 2015
Santa Barbara, CA
So i have been wanting to do a 4 stroke build for a while, and i saw the 212cc kit from kings/gasbike, and i was wondering if anyone here has built one of these kits. They are $299, which seems a bit much for a HF 212cc and a couple of other pieces. What do you guys think, is it worth buying or should i just buy the engine and other parts one by one?

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
It looks like a good deal if you want a tc with your predator. BUT, those tcs eat belts even with half the hp and only make use of about 1000rpm. Which is probably fine as it limits the engine speed to where the governor would normally limit it, so you don't even need to buy a billet flywheel.

However, you'll need a big enough frame, the engine will have to be offset significantly to the right if you don't use another jackshaft, and the ratio will be way too tall of you don't jackshaft it (apart from the included tc Js plate). The biggest sprocket they provide is a 44t, with the 10t output that's a non-cvt ratio of 4.4. When choosing drive ratio you need to calculate for single speed. With the 212 I think a 6:1 is about right.. Fairly tall. So you'd need to get a bigger sprocket- $50?