New trike kit

GoldenMotor.com

jander0101

Feb 7, 2012
FLORIDA
I have a Trailblazer three wheel bike. I had a go hub motor on it until it had some problems that couldn't be repaired. The model I had is no longer manufactured.

I would like suggestions on another electric bike kit for a 24" three wheel bike. Any and all advice and suggestions are appreciated.

Wayne

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
What would you like, what wattage & type of motor? Hub motors are commonplace & easy, ranging the full gamut from a low power assist system to 1000 watts & more & just about all of them can be laced into as small a rim as a 20" but there's also a plethora non-hub motor drives, depending on your build, budget & fabrication experience...

Do you already have battery packs? From what I've seen those are the kicker & tend to make or beak an ebike project - for those I'd recommend PingBattery unless you've something else already.

Do you have any pics of your project?

jander0101

Feb 7, 2012
FLORIDA
Thanks for your reply.

The previous go hub I had had a 350 wattage motor. I have three 12 volt batteries left from that unit. I am not trying to build a kit, I want a complete kit with everything necessary and it just needs to be installed on my 24 inch three wheel bike. My trike is a Trailmate which is one of the heavier bikes out there. It has a 350 lb weight capacity.

What I need are suggestions for electric motor kits to replace the one I had. There are so many online that I don't understand how to assess them for the one best for my trike.

Thank you!

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Which is "best" may indeed be somewhat impossible to advise, everyone seems to have their favorites ofc, as well as differing needs & expectations. I'm not sure if anyone has ever been able to try them all to get an accurate comparison - but it seems to be when you mention "best" people tend to recommend non-hub motor setups for maximum preformance & efficiency. I will say I like the hub motors for their simplicity & ease of install *shrug*

Speakin' of which I should prolly mention I'm no ebike expert by any means, I'm still workin' on my first & it's a hybrid/tribrid in any case (49cc four stroke w/a electric hub motor)... but I got my hub motor from here: http://www.goldenmotor.ca/

Were you satisfied with the 350w Go hub motor's preformance while it worked?

Last edited: