Manic Mechanic Hub Adapter

GoldenMotor.com

PerryP180

Jun 24, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Installed the MM Hub adapter a week ago. It is fantastic. Great alignment, simple, and made the bike ride smoother. I did have a problem caused by myself though. After a couple days riding I started to hear the chain snap occasionally. I VISUALLY checked the bolts and the heads were flush as they should be. Tonight the chain jumped off. I eased to the side of the road and examined things. The bolts connecting it to the hub were fine. The heads on the bolts holding the sprocket were flush. I looked back at the hub bolts and then noticed that there was a gap between the sprocket and hub adapter. The sprocket bolts had been gradually getting loose and the entire sprocket was separating from the adapter. From now on i will carry the allen wrenches with me and actually test the tightness. I would use thread lock but I want to be able to use the adapter on another wheel if this one is damaged. The product is great. I just need to be more attentive.

Cyclin

Jul 4, 2011
California
I realize this is an old thread but it was the first result when I searched for the bolt size, so I figured here is a good place to leave that info for future bolt inquirers haha.

The two bolts what attach the adapter to the hub are called Socket Cap Screws, and are the size 5/16", length is 1 1/4"