Frame question sorta.

GoldenMotor.com

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Deacon
If you are going to change the front forks get a fork that has suspension you can get them on ebay for $20.00 or less if you do the bid or by it now as for inner changeability you are more than likely going to need to cut and weld on things. You might be biting off more than you can chew for right now get all the bugs out of the bike and get her well broken in before changing thing big time. You get it figured out later on what you want to do I know i live a long ways away but I'll weld up what you send for changes. Sound good to you?
Norman

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas

Bikeguy Joe
I'm guilty of using conduit on frames but not forks, love the fumes too when welding makes me want ot wear my magic helmet and I've yet to find my spear. Hey thats where it went into a frame..rotfl

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Loosen up the gooseneck bolt, tap it on top with a plastic hammer or use a thin board and a real hammer it will pop the clamping device inside the fork.
Stradle the front wheel and twist the bars back and forth pulling gently up.
If its dirty clean it up. DO NOT use ANYTHING with oil grease ect. Wire brush
old clean rag. Cresent wrench to remove big nut on top, then top race. BE CAREFUL. On some bikes the ball bearings ore LOOSE. If you loose any you HAVE to replace or find them. The bottom is the same. Use a good grease
clean the bearings,race and pack the top & bottom race and put the bearings back. Slide the 26' FRONT fork in and reassimble. A 24' don't have the room &
if you are using a fender no way. Hope this helps Saddletramp(c)