!!! Truck pie !!!

GoldenMotor.com

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Tee Hee! Made a nice score today. Nasty old Cycle-Truck! I think its a Worksman but I'll have to do a bit more research. Frame is sound and only missing the chain guard and front basket. Found it miss classified on the local CL. I have very specfic ideas bout what Im gonna do with it and it MAY or MAY NOT get motorized. IF I do a motor, Im almost certain to make PIE! Plans include: Blast off and forest green powdercoat. Hydro-diped rims in wood grain. Real wood fenders/ chain guard, a hardwood in frame box /"tank" to hide the battery and a custom tube steel tray with hardwood slats and removable XXXL wicker basket with handles! Thats right!! A Cycle-Truck Woodie PIE!! dance1

Attachments

Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Thanks Paul You've been a real inspiration in directing me to the magic of pie; with the excelent ongoing mission of Pie Trek! Your good results with this system are making me more convinced that an electric bike isnt just for geeks anymore. and can be twisted and cool!

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
This by the way was my reason for the ?? Cruiser PIE ?? thread. Where theirs a will and a large enough hammer, theirs a way :)

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i am very happy with the pie thats for sure. its just constant fun and pleasure for me. i do not have the talent you guys do at fabricating and customizing. Pie trek was a straight forward easy as pie build and havn't had to do a thing to it. barelyawake turned me on to electric and will always be thankful

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
More and closer / better pics tomarrow. The lower chainstays are exactly like the ones on my Taylar modified Worksman BTR ( read ! NARROW ! ) Nothing over a 2.125 will fit without mods. Gotta be a worksman. The front wheel stand is spring loaded too, and as far as I know thats not a Schwinn setup.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
That would make a way cool ebike. Drum brake up front, just go with regen on the back. Handlebars would have a twist grip and a brake lever. BMX freewheel drive and the battery hidden.

Yeah, you would need to bend the frame some, but hey it's a Worksman and the frames are brazed not welded, so no embrittlement.

Do it - :)

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Thanks Mike. Yes. Im thinking another SA 90mm drum and cut stock spokes. This is gonna be a LONG term project. I still have my Flying Scotsman build to complete first. While its waiting its going to have a light functional restore so its rideable; but thats about it. Gotta finish that BTR! While I'm waiting to do this one mabey Golden Motor will get a clue and start making a 110mm single speed Pie so all the beach cruiser folks can get onboard without re engeneering their bikes.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Yeah, it wouldn't be hard. Just add a threaded part to the front drive model so people can mount a BMX freewheel.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
OK! So I found a body shop / welder dude who can repair my frame and modify the rear end to fit the MP III. Their are also stress cracks on the steering head top and bottem from a industrial life of HARD use, which need to be filled and drilled, but he says he can do it no problem; and yes: he knows it a braised and luged frame. This guys a pro. He has the tools and a plan to spread the chain and seat stays ( as well as add gussets ) to get the rear end to 135mm so that I may have Pie :) I think I'll add a derailer setup so I can use the 5 speeds and mount a old school Schwinn stick shift under the seat! GUYS! With the stocl MP III do you think the cables and wireing for throttle and power supply battery to motor will work without mods ( long enough) I emaild a GM dealer on ebay who seemed to think the kit was made for mountain bikes only and would not reach the length to work on 12" of stem then big ol cruser bars. Whatchya think????

Attachments

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
PS: I think the seat stays are being held on with the 20 or so coats of rattle can paint!laff Who knows what I'll find after media blasting! PSS:I happen to know a guy that welds just like this but he sweirs he had nothing to do with this one

Last edited:

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i dont know velodrome. that sounds kinda scary. hope this guy knows his stuff when he welds it all for you, be one heck of a nice bike when done thats for sure

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
I know. Nasty and a little scarry. I didnt notice the "welds" till after I had the thing home for a day or two. I dont feel so bad now as I did when I only paid $60 for it :) How bout those cables and wires and such? Think it will fit the bike without cutting splicing and soldering? OH! And my parts FINALLY arrived from Worksman. The springs for the folding front wheel stand were on backorder. So, I finally have my !! 13 INCH !! steering stem and other stuff.

Last edited:

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
not sure on the workman. i know they fit perfect on a electra townie and plenty of wire for a mountain bike

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
These are NORMAL wires were talking bout, right? Not like Coax or something odd? Things an average Joe can cut splice and solder IF need be?